Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I wouldn't be putting money on Marquez ever winning a championship again, personally.
Pretty sure if he can stay healthy this year he’ll probably win. Dude barely raced last year and did pretty dam well. I guarantee the bike is going to be better since it was probably the worst in the paddock. Honda is the most prideful asses there ever was or will be. let me just say they fully suck but know how to win. I’d like to see Marc ride the duc personally

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
Not disputing his skill. But I always said one of these days he'd crash and it would all come crashing down.

I think his days of dominating every round are gone. He's been hurt badly in crashes now, including the recurrence of the eye injury that almost ended his career once already in his Moto2 days. If he doesn't learn to ride on the safe side of the razor's edge, he's going to end up dead or crippled.
i hear you. It’s all Marc knows. Sometimes he shows patience and other times he goes right for the kill.
I will say that through enough of my own pain from crashes and what not, it does start to share its wisdom. My right hand has been more of a rheostat than ham fisted from earlier days.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
I still think Marquez is a piece of shit but I really hope he does not crash in Austin. He could end his career.
It's windy in TX right now. Spring is not the time to hold a race here due to wind and potential rain/floods. I checked the weather and Sunday it's gonna be a blowing. Could be 20 mph winds on Sunday. At this track, man, not good. Will be interesting to see how the riders think the resurfacing went. When I was there in October for Vale's swan song, the riders basically said they would not come back if the pavement wasn't fixed. I cannot until end of practice the first day to see what they say.
principals before personalities……
Think Roberts, Lawson, Spencer, Rainey, Rossi, Marquez.
All very special riders. The elite. Most of them dont have Rossi personality but boy they can ride.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
What a amazing race!
Gp21 seems to be the better Duc. Enea is interesting. Congrats on 2 wins.
Marc is amazing/fearless. No one comes from dead last and ends up in 6th place passing the champion as well.
I don’t know is it me or are Suz boring but get results??

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
Well, except for the GOAT......who started dead last at Valencia in 2015 and finished 4th. It's especially satisfying to know MM will NEVER be the GOAT, isn't it? No matter how much your subconscious tries to re-write history. Lol...!
Don’t get me wrong as I love Rossi and always have. Marc to me is the next gen Rossi, Dothan, Rainey ect. The guy has put himself through the ringer but never gives up. I love that about him.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
100%....with the difference being Marquez is not likable. Rossi has always been a guy's guy.
That is a fact for sure. But being I’m as old as some dirt, I remember Robert’s, Lawson not very friendly at all. Rossi to me was the whole package . Especially when he flipped off Biaggi back in the beginning. Biaggi was much worse than Marc. He had a full blown Roman attitude! In all honesty and I could be wrong but I think Marc is shy and doesn’t like attention. He’s all about the track perio.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts