2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,248 Posts
Zarco ...

P5 in LeMans

P4 in Mugello

P3 in Catalunya

P2 in Sachsenring

P? In Assen

Has it been a countdown to the elusive 1st MotoGP win for Johann?

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
Yeah I hope he gets that 1st win. It seems once that happens more wins come quickly.
poor Edwards never won. When he got close (last lap) he crashed. The dude could ride!

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
Quat not only crashes , but crashes twice! Nice high side on 2nd crash. Question is why after being down 2 laps would he go back out?? Lucky for him after seeing him limping that he’s got 5 weeks to heal and think about it.
ape finish strong and top gun gets his first podium.

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
An R1 kinda day!
1,248 Posts
.50 ml per liter of blood

.25 ml per liter of air as measured by a metric breathalyzer.

·
The Poe Poe!
762 Posts
Saw this yesterday and just had to post it.

The GOAT ?
Rossi victories
12 x 125 wins (1996/97)
14 x 250 wins (1998/99)
13 x 500 wins (2000/01)
45 x 990cc wins(2002/06)
17 x 800cc wins (2007/11)
10 x 1000cc wins (2012/21)

115 wins over 6 different engine sizes over 27 years, including the two hardest classes -500cc and 250cc two strokes.

58 of Rossi’s Premier Class victories were without any “rider aids”, relying totally on the riders skills

Márquez victories
10 x 125 wins (2008/10)
32 x moto2 wins (2011/12)
0 x 250cc wins
0 x 500cc wins
0 x 990cc wins
0 x 800cc wins
59 x 1000cc wins (20013/22)

101 wins over 3 different engine sizes over 15 years, not including the two hardest classes -500cc and 250cc two strokes.

Márquez has never won a Premier Class race without “rider aids”, and has rely’d heavily on them to allow his riding style.

So to sum up, Rossi has won 89 races in the Premier Class (58 without any “rider aids”), Márquez has won 59 races in the Premier Class (all with “rider aids”)

I will leave it to yourselves to imagine how Márquez’s riding style would have handled the virtually uncontrollably vicious 500cc two strokes or the brutal 990cc MotoGP bikes, without any “rider aids”. Undoubtedly he is an awesome talented rider, who may have mastered them, but that is purely speculation.

We are dealing with straight forward facts, and here they are in black and white.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
Look I love Rossi and feel for his time and was one of the best riders. That said you can’t go back in time and put Marc on a 500 gp bike. It’s not like Marc didn’t want to ride it. It’s that he never got a chance too.
everyone here knows you hate Marc. Maybe need to let that go as it doesn’t help you or anyone else. Jus saying🙂

·
The Poe Poe!
762 Posts
Look I love Rossi and feel for his time and was one of the best riders. That said you can’t go back in time and put Marc on a 500 gp bike. It’s not like Marc didn’t want to ride it. It’s that he never got a chance too.
everyone here knows you hate Marc. Maybe need to let that go as it doesn’t help you or anyone else. Jus saying🙂

LOL. Relax bro. It was just something I'd not seen printed out before. I'm well aware of the lack of time travel and all you mentioned above. As for my post about whatever or Marc or VR or whatever. They help about as much as anybody else's does...lol. Meaning, it's a forum and none of it is for "help" really. It's a space for anyone to post anything they see fit.

I simply thought the VR fans would like to see it. As for MM and my "hate" of him, it is what it is. We all have our faves and the ones we don't like. The stats above simply show just how good VR was on any / all machines. It wasn't to trash MM for not having the chance to. However it does put a question mark or ( * ) beside his name for anyone that thinks he's the GOAT.

Anyway... If you didn't like it, no biggie... others might find it interesting like I did.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
860 Posts
LOL. Relax bro. It was just something I'd not seen printed out before. I'm well aware of the lack of time travel and all you mentioned above. As for my post about whatever or Marc or VR or whatever. They help about as much as anybody else's does...lol. Meaning, it's a forum and none of it is for "help" really. It's a space for anyone to post anything they see fit.

I simply thought the VR fans would like to see it. As for MM and my "hate" of him, it is what it is. We all have our faves and the ones we don't like. The stats above simply show just how good VR was on any / all machines. It wasn't to trash MM for not having the chance to. However it does put a question mark or ( * ) beside his name for anyone that thinks he's the GOAT.

Anyway... If you didn't like it, no biggie... others might find it interesting like I did.
It’s all good brother! Rossi will be with me like Roberts, Rainey, swantz, Doohan and all the other greats!
And yeah no one’s ever won a race with their arm 30* pointed wrong way except Marc😬

·
An R1 kinda day!
1,248 Posts
Quartararo wearing out the LLL in FP1 this morning. Look to be able to get through there and not lose too much time. He'll have to go through in the 1st 3 laps, so if still in a big group, he may fall back to 7th - 10th.

I am hoping that he can recover and get a good finish. Kind of crappy tickey tacky penalty when others do more serious infringements with no repercussion but it is what it is.

Reactions: greg328
181 - 200 of 217 Posts