Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
The Poe Poe!
758 Posts
Y'all see any of the stuff being written and posted on Youtube about Casey Stoner Kinda talking crap about Rossi after that last race and some of their decent pics and talks together.

I respect Stoner more than I do Marquez but never was a huge fan of his. Even less when he talks crap like that.

Anybody seen / heard any rebuttals by Rossi lately??

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,174 Posts
Y'all see any of the stuff being written and posted on Youtube about Casey Stoner Kinda talking crap about Rossi after that last race and some of their decent pics and talks together.

I respect Stoner more than I do Marquez but never was a huge fan of his. Even less when he talks crap like that.

The only thing I read was Stoner said he wanted to join the Yamaha team but "someone' blocked the move.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
6,126 Posts

IMO, Stoner was a great rider, naturally talented and fun to watch. Two things, 1 - he has had some health challenges, which no one wants and not everyone understands, and 2 - any conversation or search about Stoner undoubtedly will involve a reference to Laguna Seca, 2008. Questions about his desire or ability, founded or unfounded, came from that and he will be inexorably linked to Rossi, passing on the inside, in the dirt, in the Corkscrew. He will always come in second in that battle and he will never like losing the championship that year to Rossi.
As for Rossi, he is busy continuing to live his best life. He's going to be a dad, he's shifted his focus to auto racing and having fun on his ranch riding with friends and proteges, and continues to enjoy good health, prior injuries notwithstanding. I'm not sure he has the time or the inclination to give two sh*ts about anything Stoner may say...

I could be wrong... ;)

·
Banned
420 Posts
My disclaimer is always wrong, with that said, I'll use Laguna as a reference rider. I choose Spies as a reference rider. And Miller as a reference rider, see if you agree.

Spies: No track, no bike got in his way. I'll refer to this kind of head game as track wise.
Miller: Jumps on any bike and sends it up there. I'll reference his latest 3rd place on a strange track, strange bike.
Lawson: Bike/track jumper.

Lorenzo: A struggler at the seat change.
Rozzi: A struggle on the duc.
Stoner: Here, hold my milkshake, watch me Laguna this guy... oh, I got dizzy climbing up 4 and when the front end came down, shook up more shake... Excuses, excuses is the HEAD GAME.

Conclusion:
Ain't the bike.
Ain't the track.
It's all in the Head Game.

·
The Poe Poe!
758 Posts
IMO, Stoner was a great rider, naturally talented and fun to watch. Two things, 1 - he has had some health challenges, which no one wants and not everyone understands, and 2 - any conversation or search about Stoner undoubtedly will involve a reference to Laguna Seca, 2008. Questions about his desire or ability, founded or unfounded, came from that and he will be inexorably linked to Rossi, passing on the inside, in the dirt, in the Corkscrew. He will always come in second in that battle and he will never like losing the championship that year to Rossi.
As for Rossi, he is busy continuing to live his best life. He's going to be a dad, he's shifted his focus to auto racing and having fun on his ranch riding with friends and proteges, and continues to enjoy good health, prior injuries notwithstanding. I'm not sure he has the time or the inclination to give two sh*ts about anything Stoner may say...

I could be wrong... ;)

Make no mistake, I'm not saying Rossi gives a chit or not about what Stoner is saying. I was just curious if anyone had heard some of the recent interviews with Stoner and his references to VR.

Yes, Rossi is onto bigger / better fun things and doesn't seem bothered in the slightest...Good for him.

·
The Poe Poe!
758 Posts
Stoner is certainly be vocal lately about everything.

·
I miss my R1
3,816 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Racing is the big creeper upper. Days go by, rust sets in, and the inevitability of the next gen stepping up the lap times MM won't reach...GOAT sitting where he was all those years w/no wins/podiums. Sitting in the wrong seat watching the season go by... say goodbye to MM.

The end of two eras.

I'd think Miller is more the jumper on'her and takes off. Mir switching seats and right out of the gate, act the Miller? Going to be an interesting year.

Especially, me watching Miller take on all that (pressure of his) 'performance clause(?) contract is lead the points or go to Honda? Then it's an, I'll show you booting me off the team. Honda hires Crutch's wife for the head game trainer...LOL

·
Banned
420 Posts
I have to imagine I hire a racer, he is not about to be intimidated, even if he couldn't beat him on his best day. But seems to me in my eyes (no pun intended), we are looking at damaged goods back on the shelf. Then push it and add that factor in, sans the rust, the average peak age ... and then the decline staying in the game.

But if I acted like a factory... who is MM? We are here to win it all... Lemme see, who can we buy off the seat. Suz is not about to touch us... And Miller chokes LOL

Don't get me wrong, I want Miller to be the darkhorse so I'm cheering for him to shove it up duc's ass for being asses.

·
I miss my R1
3,816 Posts
I have to imagine I hire a racer, he is not about to be intimidated, even if he couldn't beat him on his best day. But seems to me in my eyes (no pun intended), we are looking at damaged goods back on the shelf. Then push it and add that factor in, sans the rust, the average peak age ... and then the decline staying in the game.

But if I acted like a factory... who is MM? We are here to win it all... Lemme see, who can we buy off the seat. Suz is not about to touch us... And Miller chokes LOL

Don't get me wrong, I want Miller to be the darkhorse so I'm cheering for him to shove it up duc's ass for being asses.
My point wasn't that he was intimidated, but that he knew he would be the #2 riders as long as MM is there and he will be unable to steer development in a direction he desires. Mir has a lot more pull with Suzuki as a clear #1 riders than he would at HRC as a #2 (assuming Marquez ever returns to fitness)

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,174 Posts
Just watched the Gresini launch. We know the '21 Ducati is fast. I bet Enea will be there and I believe Digga will adapt to the Duck quickly.

Excited for the 2022 season to start.

Reactions: greg328
21 - 40 of 156 Posts