Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Oh crap, I meant 'they' (the factory) couldn't even do it with 8. What are the odds? I think the mind was saying that I wouldn't show up if that was my team effort. I'd get those gray hairs out of there for starters. JK.

MM was looking good on the dirt bike. Till the end, I never counted out the old man. I got bit once and from there on, he still came back a few times. Now I place MM in that position. Yeah, peaked for his age, but that high a count in championships, he's more driven so I won't count him out dealing with 8 variables.

MM does not have to win to win it all. But he's not one of those so he'll burn out keeping up, or pinball thru the field, cough, bumping is racing. I think that duc parts bin is going to have a lot of overnight deliveries keeping all 8 up and running.

It's going to get pretty boring watching the same duc's fill the podium. Just looks like, cough, one party up there over and over, year after year.

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,174 Posts
Yeah, I hear what you are saying.

I am really hoping Yamaha has been working on it, and has a bullet in the chamber.

Reactions: greg328

·
Super Moderator
45,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yeah, I hear what you are saying.

I am really hoping Yamaha has been working on it, and has a bullet in the chamber.
But, it's still Yamaha....... every season for the last.....what.....10 yrs......can only be approached with high hopes, but very low expectations. I suspect this season is no different.

·
Banned
420 Posts
We rank the 2022 MotoGP line-ups from worst to best - The Race

My potential picks for the season are Basti and Morbi. MM as the darkhorse. I'm going for a year out and maybe 99% healed for Morbi. Choosing him to be just as fast as before, just to see if he has that comeback ability. Basti is on a fresh bike more or less, and let's see if he will outride it like the pile of trash he was on last year. And MM now replaces the old man's seat and won't count him out and get bit like I did Rossi.

·
An R1 kinda day!
1,174 Posts
If you look at Rossi's '01 to '05, then lost '06 and '07 to Hayden and Stoner, then Rossi's '08-'09 championships, I think Marquez might parallel that. Winning '16-'19, losing '20 and '21 to Mir and Quartararo, makes me think '22 will belong to Marc, and perhaps '23 as well.

Reactions: greg328

·
wanna B on the Track
1,287 Posts
If you look at Rossi's '01 to '05, then lost '06 and '07 to Hayden and Stoner, then Rossi's '08-'09 championships, I think Marquez might parallel that. Winning '16-'19, losing '20 and '21 to Mir and Quartararo, makes me think '22 will belong to Marc, and perhaps '23 as well.
How will he parallel rossi..?? Is he moving to Aprilia and winning the first race of the season ... only to continue to win the championship..?? :)

·
I miss my R1
3,816 Posts
I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I wouldn't be putting money on Marquez ever winning a championship again, personally.

·
An R1 kinda day!
1,174 Posts
How will he parallel rossi..?? Is he moving to Aprilia and winning the first race of the season ... only to continue to win the championship..?? :)
That's an interesting spin, but no.

In terms of just winning the championship. Rossi won a few, lost a couple, then won a couple.

That would be the parallel.

But I am not a fan of MM93. Nor would I care if he doesn't. I am just saying it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

·
Venom X/O
26,217 Posts
Yamaha has results with what they ran last year. No way they do anything crazy. Same bike, little tweaks, get spanked all year but win by barely under performing. Look for a repeat 2022. Plus the 2023 will be the same bike

·
wanna B on the Track
1,287 Posts
Yamaha has results with what they ran last year. No way they do anything crazy. Same bike, little tweaks, get spanked all year but win by barely under performing. Look for a repeat 2022. Plus the 2023 will be the same bike
They won because of Fabio... that said, he told them if the bike isn't improving by the next test he will sign on the line else

·
An R1 kinda day!
1,174 Posts
And, it hasn't been mentioned much, I hope Dovi really gets along well with the M1. At least to the point where if Fabio and/or Franco is doing really well, Andrea can contribute to Yamaha garnering the Manufacturers Title.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
824 Posts
I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I wouldn't be putting money on Marquez ever winning a championship again, personally.
Pretty sure if he can stay healthy this year he’ll probably win. Dude barely raced last year and did pretty dam well. I guarantee the bike is going to be better since it was probably the worst in the paddock. Honda is the most prideful asses there ever was or will be. let me just say they fully suck but know how to win. I’d like to see Marc ride the duc personally

·
I miss my R1
3,816 Posts
Pretty sure if he can stay healthy this year he’ll probably win. Dude barely raced last year and did pretty dam well. I guarantee the bike is going to be better since it was probably the worst in the paddock. Honda is the most prideful asses there ever was or will be. let me just say they fully suck but know how to win. I’d like to see Marc ride the duc personally
Other than Imola, he won at tracks he's never been defeated at. He's not even going to start the season healthy, let alone "stay" there.

·
I miss my R1
3,816 Posts
It remains to be seen but I wouldn’t count him out. As far as skill he’s the best there’s been since Rossi started imo.
Not disputing his skill. But I always said one of these days he'd crash and it would all come crashing down.

I think his days of dominating every round are gone. He's been hurt badly in crashes now, including the recurrence of the eye injury that almost ended his career once already in his Moto2 days. If he doesn't learn to ride on the safe side of the razor's edge, he's going to end up dead or crippled.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
824 Posts
Not disputing his skill. But I always said one of these days he'd crash and it would all come crashing down.

I think his days of dominating every round are gone. He's been hurt badly in crashes now, including the recurrence of the eye injury that almost ended his career once already in his Moto2 days. If he doesn't learn to ride on the safe side of the razor's edge, he's going to end up dead or crippled.
i hear you. It’s all Marc knows. Sometimes he shows patience and other times he goes right for the kill.
I will say that through enough of my own pain from crashes and what not, it does start to share its wisdom. My right hand has been more of a rheostat than ham fisted from earlier days.

41 - 60 of 156 Posts