Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
The Poe Poe!
759 Posts
MM 93 will simply forever been know as the " I need a tow Champion"...
That little F'r is just a POS....Who likes this guy????

Even Crash is doing vids on this topic.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
838 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
What the motherf*cking hell??

This is shocking. They’ve tasted success with this bike and are still bowing out. Last time they were pulling top 10s and getting some wet race wins for Chris V., but not winning races and a championship.

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,214 Posts
This is shocking. They’ve tasted success with this bike and are still bowing out. Last time they were pulling top 10s and getting some wet race wins for Chris V., but not winning races and a championship.
Dorna issued a statement on it.

·
I miss my R1
3,832 Posts
The fact that both of their riders are routinely fighting for the podium and both are still solid championship contenders AND they have Monster Energy as a sponsor is what blows my mind the most.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The fact that both of their riders are routinely fighting for the podium and both are still solid championship contenders AND they have Monster Energy as a sponsor is what blows my mind the most.
Too bad and it seems Suzuki, Rins and Mir found something that is working this season. Mir would have been on podium at Portuguese GP only for Miller taking him out.

·
The Poe Poe!
759 Posts
But have you ever seen a save like that??

Maybe I'm just hard to impress because I've made two saves like that (or close to it) at track days back in the day down at Jennings GP in Florida.

I don't see what he does as something that's a "skill" that others don't have. I view it more about him NOT wanting to crash / quit and being fully committed to trying to stay in the fight. My two saves where I forced my knee down HARD and levered the bike back up to traction was more about the fact that I absolutely refused to accept I was going to crash and destroy my bike. I hated the thought of trashing an expensive motorcycle so I simply didn't give up.

I just think too many riders, being paid regardless and not wanting to get hurt, just simply give up and let go too quickly.

Reactions: bsgesch and greg328

·
Registered
2017 R1M
838 Posts
Maybe I'm just hard to impress because I've made two saves like that (or close to it) at track days back in the day down at Jennings GP in Florida.

I don't see what he does as something that's a "skill" that others don't have. I view it more about him NOT wanting to crash / quit and being fully committed to trying to stay in the fight. My two saves where I forced my knee down HARD and levered the bike back up to traction was more about the fact that I absolutely refused to accept I was going to crash and destroy my bike. I hated the thought of trashing an expensive motorcycle so I simply didn't give up.

I just think too many riders, being paid regardless and not wanting to get hurt, just simply give up and let go too quickly.
i don’t think any of these riders jus let go and lay it down. These are the best of the best.
remember when Rossi started putting the leg out to weight the front wheel? Marc is the only one that has down the crash /save so many times that it’s part of his skill set. He’s done it in the rain!

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,214 Posts
Quartararo signs new 2 year deal with Yamaha (through 2024)

Outstanding, we needed him!

Way to go, Fabiooooooo!

And Yamaha!

Reactions: CBat

·
Registered
329 Posts
Last time a rider won the WSBK Championship for Yamaha they promoted him to MotoGP--Ben Spies. It wasn't easy for Toprak last year, and will probably be even harder for him this year, but if he wins it all again in WSBK I don't know how Yamaha could pass him up for MotoGP given that the other three Yamahas, including a factory bike are back markers so far this year!

141 - 160 of 189 Posts