Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2022 Yamaha R1
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

This error code only came on when I removed my O2 sensors but didnt have a diagnostic tool to get the code.

Any help is much appreciated!

Registered
The fix:
1. Reinstall the 02 so the light stays offandango.
2. Clear the codes so you have FULL POWER again.
3. Here is why...

You make no mention the bike runs or not. I'll assume it runs with 02 disconnected, and the tip over is in the loop?
Don't know how the '22's clear codes with the mode switch, but if not a manual for the '22 and something has changed, look up the code clearing sequence in a '21 shop manual here.

Let's have an analogy lesson. Say you remove something off a computer bike, and pick a limb while your at it. You removed the 02 so that's an arm off the body. Now it counters and cuts off you leg with the tip over. Keep pulling sensors off, keep taking legs and arms off... how limp are you now?

I cannot dumb this down any easier than to take it right out of the shop man you will pay you do no listen up.

1. Connector not connected... WATThell did you do? A disconnect sets the code.
2. Wire out of connector... WATThishows is a single wire will set a code.
3. No signal sent... Nothing goes to the ECU so it has to show who broke a variable so it sets a CODE.

Notice 3 simple variables removed a leg, an arm, no brain taking in WATT can't be tampered with or change the pipe, go limp (laughing) that way-someone puts on some pipe an clogs it up tighter than a thrown light and limps the bike, WATThell for? Because it's all the way down to a simple solution, you have no idea how simple.

Never disconnect anything on a computer bike or you lose HP to save the engine, see your dealer, you limped the bike why? We see the big picture yet? I want more performance, I buy the Y-kit race ECU w/harness, software, etc. You do not mess with an OEM. One wire = 2 HP loss give or take... engine saved in limp mode (code), and that means ignition curve too.

With that said. Yes, it will run without the 02. That abstract of that code might say in the manual; it just shuts the 02 off. So if you have a piggy to plug-in, go for it. Ignore the lights on the dash. Just so you guys underwear stand, the seat of the pants won't be happening, same as that limp in front of the 100% cotton briefs.

Signed,
Ain't My Bike in LIMP :cool:馃憘馃幁

Registered
2022 Yamaha R1
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fix:
1. Reinstall the 02 so the light stays offandango.
2. Clear the codes so you have FULL POWER again.
3. Here is why...

You make no mention the bike runs or not. I'll assume it runs with 02 disconnected, and the tip over is in the loop?
Don't know how the '22's clear codes with the mode switch, but if not a manual for the '22 and something has changed, look up the code clearing sequence in a '21 shop manual here.

Let's have an analogy lesson. Say you remove something off a computer bike, and pick a limb while your at it. You removed the 02 so that's an arm off the body. Now it counters and cuts off you leg with the tip over. Keep pulling sensors off, keep taking legs and arms off... how limp are you now?

I cannot dumb this down any easier than to take it right out of the shop man you will pay you do no listen up.

1. Connector not connected... WATThell did you do? A disconnect sets the code.
2. Wire out of connector... WATThishows is a single wire will set a code.
3. No signal sent... Nothing goes to the ECU so it has to show who broke a variable so it sets a CODE.

Notice 3 simple variables removed a leg, an arm, no brain taking in WATT can't be tampered with or change the pipe, go limp (laughing) that way-someone puts on some pipe an clogs it up tighter than a thrown light and limps the bike, WATThell for? Because it's all the way down to a simple solution, you have no idea how simple.

Never disconnect anything on a computer bike or you lose HP to save the engine, see your dealer, you limped the bike why? We see the big picture yet? I want more performance, I buy the Y-kit race ECU w/harness, software, etc. You do not mess with an OEM. One wire = 2 HP loss give or take... engine saved in limp mode (code), and that means ignition curve too.

With that said. Yes, it will run without the 02. That abstract of that code might say in the manual; it just shuts the 02 off. So if you have a piggy to plug-in, go for it. Ignore the lights on the dash. Just so you guys underwear stand, the seat of the pants won't be happening, same as that limp in front of the 100% cotton briefs.

Signed,
Ain't My Bike in LIMP :cool:馃憘馃幁
So the o2's were remove since I got the graves pipes that does not have the bungs. It rode fine over the weekend, maybe under powered but not sure as I am still getting used to the bike. I also just flashed with BT Moto's handheld and I saw the error code. After looking up the error code it said lean angle sensor but this CEL came on after removing the O2 sensors.

I cleared the code but want to check that since the P1600 in the service manual says lean angle sensor, I didn't want to do something wrong with the sensor and the YRC will not work correctly with the traction assists if ever needed.

Registered
You'll be fine. The traction have their own codes. Traction is both tires out of sync when that intervention happens. Has nothing to do with the lean or 02.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts