Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

Registered
Allocations being canceled here comes the sleepless nights! I graduated from MMI in 2007 and have buddies from there at powersports dealerships across the country I reached out to see about yzfR1 and yz250x availability. A buddy at freedom powersports in Houston Texas says gp 60th arrival in a week available and they have the yz250x in stock at one of there 10 locations. Buddies in SoCal say nothing total shit show few r7 arrivals sell immediately they did say Kawasaki started unloading in the gulf to get units to dealerships sooner. Ride now powersports in phoenix az has none in stock and are only selling to local buyers apparently people from out of state are trying to get west coast early arrivals. They are starting to trickle in!

Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
Wow, I didn't even go looking because I was told they were all spoken for within 3 days. 馃槫 Well, the markups are probably insane here in California, maybe I can catch a used anniversary model in the future.
Yeah around here I found only one that was available to put my name on back in November.
I haven't checked dealer inventories lately but there was none a few weeks ago.

Registered
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Product
I was going nutz waiting for the YZ I had a down payment on so I out of the blue checked dealer inventory on the yamaha website and five dealers popped up near me first two closest did not have one I had called them previously they said the same thing the first time I called. So I call this third dealer 100 or so miles away he say I have one just came in it鈥檚 available I immediately put 100 bucks down on it and went down there two days later to get it! The girl in office when I was signing the papers said someone had ordered that yz and backed out last minute I was first to acquire about it. So luck was a factor in this and I am finally getting some sleep and might hibernate till spring. I asked about yzfR1 availability and this dealer said all were spoken for no timeframe for delivery. They were not getting a 60th gp and said they were 90% off-road 10% street sales.

Horsepower whisperer
Lucky! Congratulations!
We are getting a fresh foot of snow so I certainly don't want mine just yet. 馃槃

Horsepower whisperer
Sweet! It's gonna be awhile for the streets to be rideable here.
Just heard that my bike was shipped last week and should be here soon!

Horsepower whisperer

Registered
Hey guys, excited to order one as well! But I was watching this video on somebody taking delivery of their '22 60th anniversary R1 and he claimed there were only 60 R1 models being made? I'm guessing this is purely anecdotal and probably wrong. Would love to hear your opinions on it.

(The guy starts talking about it at 2:11)

Like The Rising Phoenix
Hey guys, excited to order one as well! But I was watching this video on somebody taking delivery of their '22 60th anniversary R1 and he claimed there were only 60 R1 models being made? I'm guessing this is purely anecdotal and probably wrong. Would love to hear your opinions on it.

(The guy starts talking about it at 2:11)
Yamaha doesn't say on the website, and I can't find anything about it. It's limited to the fact that its 2022 only thing.
Maybe someone else has an answer, but currently there is nothing I can find that says so.

Reactions: Double007

Horsepower whisperer
I have been told as many as get ordered, they will make.
But who knows with the way everything has been going this past year.

Mine "should" be here by next week.

Registered
I wonder if there is a count on the bikes that they released in 2016? Or perhaps it's something as simple as a percentage of total bike sold from a previous year. All I know is the dealers that I've spoke to in northern California said that they're getting one. A couple of the major players said they might have 2 coming but that 2nd bike won't show until may sometime.

Registered
I actually went to pick mine up last Saturday and the dealer inflated the price and basically told me supply and demand.. Also said that Yamaha raised the cost of shipping. So needless to say I walked away from the deal, got my deposit back. However I did find another bike that someone backed out on. Going this weekend and hopefully bring it home..

Horsepower whisperer
My dealer said they would stand behind the price. We shall see...

Like The Rising Phoenix
I actually went to pick mine up last Saturday and the dealer inflated the price and basically told me supply and demand.. Also said that Yamaha raised the cost of shipping. So needless to say I walked away from the deal, got my deposit back. However I did find another bike that someone backed out on. Going this weekend and hopefully bring it home..
My dealer told me last year that shipping prices were going up, and that they already started on the ATVs at the time. One reason I went with the 2020 I found instead of waiting longer.

With the way things are going, the prices might go higher.

Horsepower whisperer
So yesterday I was told that my bike is in Tacoma and being shipped to MN today. We shall see.
2 weeks ago I was told it was on its way here... 馃檮

81 - 100 of 130 Posts