Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to my dealer in New York/Connecticut, and they said mine will get here in June. I asked "how many R1 Anniversary are you getting?" They said "Only one. Yours" (note that is because I gave them a $1,000 deposit in November and I have bought quite a few R1 and Hondas CBRs from them). Anyways, they are a very nice and trusted dealer and they explained that they could sell way more bikes in general if they could get them from the manufacturers, but unlike the past, the manufacturers can not even deliver the colors they want or those their customers request. They said that has been all like this after the Covid situation, and now all the manufacturers decide and set allocations for each dealer, depending on the dealership sizes/sales volume.

Very interesting....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went to my dealer in New York/Connecticut, and they said mine will get here in June. I asked "how many R1 Anniversary are you getting?" They said "Only one. Yours" (note that is because I gave them a $1,000 deposit in November and I have bought quite a few R1 and Hondas CBRs from them). Anyways, they are a very nice and trusted dealer and they explained that they could sell way more bikes in general if they could get them from the manufacturers, but unlike the past, the manufacturers can not even deliver the colors they want or those their customers request. They said that has been all like this after the Covid situation, and now all the manufacturers decide and set allocations for each dealer, depending on the dealership sizes/sales volume.

Very interesting....
I was told mine will land in June. My dealer is getting a few so they must be big. Dealers are really gouging people over this Covid pricing. When it turns, it’s going to turn hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
1,830 Posts
I stopped at another smaller dealer to buy oil and a filter.
When I said it was for a 2022 R1 they were flabbergasted and asked how I was able to order such a unicorn. 😄

Reactions: R1Laz

·
Registered
31 Posts
I stopped at another smaller dealer to buy oil and a filter.
When I said it was for a 2022 R1 they were flabbergasted and asked how I was able to order such a unicorn.
I went through a lot of dickhead dealers trying to by any R1. I originally wanted Blue. Dealer after dealer wanted 24k. One dealer wanted 21k for a 2021. That was better but I still said nope, and I don’t like the grey on the 20 and 21MY. Finally found a good dealer, but I had to wait till June. Fine, I will wait 7 weeks. No big deal.

·
Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
1,830 Posts
Saddleman Gel channel from revzilla.
I've had them on other bikes and like them a lot.
Automotive design Grey Sports gear Headgear Automotive exterior

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,835 Posts
Saddleman Gel channel from revzilla.
I've had them on other bikes and like them a lot. View attachment 1024273
That might be my next upgrade. My 2020 is more of my street bike, with some track upgrades. So I've been really interested in getting a better seat for it. After about an hour the stock seat is a bit lacking. Haven't decided which version I want to get though.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts