Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
1,867 Posts
Getting mine ready for Road America. Got all the protection goodies mounted. Waiting on my bike numbers from the graphic guy.
Hope to get more break in miles beforehand, but the weather hasn't cooperated much here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sweet!
Congratulation and make sure to post pics once it arrives
Thanks! I will. I’ve wanted an R1 since 2009. Sad story. I was super interested in the CP4 engine back when it launched in 2009. I wanted to test ride it and booked a test ride at a track day, the 1st time it rained that day, we still had the track day but no demo rides. So I scheduled another a month later. The night before I was at a fight party, Mayweather fight. I had to leave the party early because of the track demo ride the next day. I took a cab home, and the cabbie got into an accident. Jackass ran a red light.

After I recovered from the accident I bought s CBR1000RR. I guess it wasn’t my time, but now it is.

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,867 Posts

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,867 Posts
Bought some red Lightech mirror block off plates. Look pretty good. Awesome fit.
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood Automotive design

Reactions: R1Laz

·
Registered
89 Posts
I went to my dealer in New York/Connecticut, and they said mine will get here in June. I asked "how many R1 Anniversary are you getting?" They said "Only one. Yours" (note that is because I gave them a $1,000 deposit in November and I have bought quite a few R1 and Hondas CBRs from them). Anyways, they are a very nice and trusted dealer and they explained that they could sell way more bikes in general if they could get them from the manufacturers, but unlike the past, the manufacturers can not even deliver the colors they want or those their customers request. They said that has been all like this after the Covid situation, and now all the manufacturers decide and set allocations for each dealer, depending on the dealership sizes/sales volume.

Very interesting....
Yeah, that sucks! I’ve been waiting on an MT10 SP for awhile now😢

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,867 Posts
Hope you find one soon!

I've actually put more track miles on mine than street miles. 😁

Reactions: Masinari1

·
Horsepower whisperer