Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I miss my R1
My thoughts:
  • Should be interesting to see if Bautista still has it or if Ducati cut off their nose to spite their face.
  • Redding is likely going to struggle on the BMW.
  • KRT/JR65 are going to come out fighting
  • Alex Lowes is likely going to become the next Leon Camier if he doesn't stop hurting himself
  • It's a shame Domi Aegerter didn't get a GRT SBK seat over Nozane, but Yamaha wants a Japanese rider in the championship for obvious reasons
  • WSS could be amazing in 2022, with the new expanded entry rules allowing Ducati/KTM/etc.
  • Also a huge shame that Tom Sykes couldn't get a seat anywhere... he was still competing at a very high level and definitely still is "Mr. Superpole"

Registered
Did they limit the revs on the Panigale V4R mid season in 2019 ? Or did Bautista simply let it go down the drain ? The bike seemed unbeatable on the straights during first half. I got to see Bautista crash out of Laguna Seca that summer. Everyone in the grandstand was disappointed lol. Seemed every fan (no matter manufacturer allegiance) wanted to see him succeed.

SuperbikeUnlimited.com
My thoughts:
  • Should be interesting to see if Bautista still has it or if Ducati cut off their nose to spite their face.
  • Redding is likely going to struggle on the BMW.
  • KRT/JR65 are going to come out fighting
  • Alex Lowes is likely going to become the next Leon Camier if he doesn't stop hurting himself
  • It's a shame Domi Aegerter didn't get a GRT SBK seat over Nozane, but Yamaha wants a Japanese rider in the championship for obvious reasons
  • WSS could be amazing in 2022, with the new expanded entry rules allowing Ducati/KTM/etc.
  • Also a huge shame that Tom Sykes couldn't get a seat anywhere... he was still competing at a very high level and definitely still is "Mr. Superpole"
Bawtista will still crash under pressure. It has been his Achilies heel.

Redding will like the bmw in corners but miss the grunt he had which i think complimented his riding style. We will see if he adapts.

JR will be JR. Hope to see him make a jump to GP someday.

Lowes is blah....he is just the blocker for JR.

I agree on Domi.

WSS is gonna be a shat show but fun to watch. Teams will bitxh as they figure the specs..weight...rpm... to make the class even

Sykes was the "road block" in races.

That is my worthless .0023 of a cent opinion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I miss my R1
Did they limit the revs on the Panigale V4R mid season in 2019 ? Or did Bautista simply let it go down the drain ? The bike seemed unbeatable on the straights during first half. I got to see Bautista crash out of Laguna Seca that summer. Everyone in the grandstand was disappointed lol. Seemed every fan (no matter manufacturer allegiance) wanted to see him succeed.
Both. They adjusted the revs after the first 8 (?) rounds and I think dropped it 250rpm. https://motomatters.com/news/2019/04/10/worldsbk_rev_limit_changes_ducati.html

Bautista let the championship fight dominate his thoughts and he didn't keep focus, IMO.

Premium Member
Gerloff Is working hard to move up from mid-pack , and I think he鈥檒l be getting more familiar with the podium this year,
I thought that would happen this year, but after he took Toprak out in Assen, he never was the same. He lost all confidence and aggressiveness. He has a ton of talent and should be fighting for the podium on a regular basis.

Banned
JMO 2c, but it seems the average peak age is 28 for me. Gerloff is still in that window to take out the turkey trotter, or become mortal enemies and put on a show next year. You have a rolodex so I can call him and get him to snap out of it?

I'll choose Miller in gp who can jump on another bike and adapt quickly on it. We shall see how Redding can change right out of the gate.

JR is more or less one of the GOAT's and could bag it next year and play harder, work harder, or that 2yr contract is... nice knowing you. And he retires soon.

Alex, a mechanic's nightmare, let alone the money out of the principal's pocket. That kind of hot and cold against front runners that finish... here, hold my beer, watch me stick this corner. He's more like Rabat and axe those two off the grid. I'd grab a moto3 potential and save for salaries and bonus incentives... Move out the way, here comes the crash truck.

Bautista probably for the championship. The turk will be one of the front runners, but let's see if he still has that fire, or mommy tells him to stop like his buddy in the pits with him. Two fast turks and mommy calls the careers.

I miss my R1
Gerloff Is working hard to move up from mid-pack , and I think he鈥檒l be getting more familiar with the podium this year,
Gerloff surprised me with his performance, but he's still outclassed at world level, IMO.

He made some seriously sketchy moves since arriving and when he put Toprak's championship fight at risk, I don't doubt Yamaha Europe put him on the naughty stool and when he was done his time-out I'd guess they put him on a very short leash.

I miss my R1
I'll choose Miller in gp who can jump on another bike and adapt quickly on it. We shall see how Redding can change right out of the gate.
Redding has already proven he can change right out of the gate, or did you forget he went from MotoGP to BSB and won the championship and then went to WSBK and came closer than anyone else to beat JR65 until this year when Toprak pulled it off.

Registered
Toprak will continue to be fighting for the top as will Johnny Rea. Redding will struggle with the BMW. They simply haven't made much progress with that package when compared to the progress of the V4R. The new kids on the block (HRC) will be interesting to watch how they adapt to Triple R CBR considering their youth but I don't believe they will challenge at the top much. Gerloff made some very harsh moves and lacks patience which is a shame considering his talent level. He adapted extremely well last year considering he had no experience on those tracks. Hopefully his confidence isn't hurt still going into 2022. I wish Team Go Eleven had gone with Loris Baz. He showed some light on the V4R in MotoAmerica on unknown tracks and absolutely killed it filling in for Davies. Shame he is going onto the BMW. Locatelli will be one to watch for.

Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven

Registered
Too bad we won't get to see Balda on a MotoGP bike any time soon. He killed it on the white Flexbox bike. It is so stacked at this level there is simply no room. Though Jack Miller is a question mark for me to be honest. It was a head scratcher when he got the factory seat after Pramac. His races usually go like this: Starts at the front, spends his tires then finishes around 6-10th. I don't think it was a good replacement for Dovi. Though I am glad Dovi left. He seems more at ease with this new project. I just hope we get more fights with Marquez out of him.

Banned
That boy needs some head work next. Last year killed his dive. Turk gets in the way dis time... I'm not going to say... but racing is racing, sparky. It's who remains the sitter upper once one space is met on that line.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts