Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Team infractions runner up.
11,107 Posts
My 03 gsxr 1000 would cut pretty hard at 186mph or 300km/h.....it would have been nice to see how much more it could do. Isn't the power commander able to remove it???

·
L'GO MY EGGO
2016 Victory Magnum, 2015 KTM 1290 SA
3,050 Posts
I don't believe any of the current (or past) 1k's can even get to 186 mph in the first place .........run a GPS and you will realize the limiter is not holding you back.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
Does someone know if there's something to remove the 299kmh limiter on the 07? like the G-pack... as nikko is taking quite a while to develope G-pack for the 07.
is your speedohealer calibrated properly?..... what's that you say?... you haven't got one? well then i suggest you get one.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
there is no limiter on 07.. US models anyways.. they dont have hp to get past there.. acutally they won run past like 178.. but speedo will show like 189... speedo is off. if u regear and into rev limiter.. then yes dynojet offers rev extend with ignition module.. gsxrs and busa have retard in 6th.. hence TRE.. timing retard eliminator.. but R1 are not limited..

·
Squid
3,371 Posts
I don't believe any of the current (or past) 1k's can even get to 186 mph in the first place .........run a GPS and you will realize the limiter is not holding you back.
I remember reading a story in one of last summer's Sport Rider magazine issues where they tested a stock 2005 ZX-10 at 186 mph bone stock.

Their goal was to see what mods would be necessary to break 200 mph.

·
D BOSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey hey an 06 with the "G-pack" and k&n, ignition module, full exhaust sys and pcIII did 328 kmh. European model always. And even a friend's kawa ZX-10 05 with exhaust ecc... + G-pack did 330kmh. When you reach 270kmh (without G-pack) the ecu restriction will start reducing power, at 299kmh the engine is only giving around 145bhp. So if you have the G-pack from 270kmh upwards you accelerate more faster as the bike is giving full power. Fact!!!

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
well it does.. on zx10 with built motor and nitrous only went like 205mph. so to get 330 with gpack... sorry wont happen. busa needs little over 200 hp to get over 200.... so it has better aero than liter bikes... but believe what u want. really no need to run that speed unless its at land speed track anyways.

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts

·
G Addict
2,848 Posts
Those that think Gpaks will not give more top end on the 04-5 R1s havent tested them. 1st through 5th youre pullin great but when you shift into 6th you loose close to 9 horsepower at peak. Do the research.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
the 'fact' is that a bikes indicated speed is false unless calibrated anyway.:fact

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
Those that think Gpaks will not give more top end on the 04-5 R1s havent tested them. 1st through 5th youre pullin great but when you shift into 6th you loose close to 9 horsepower at peak. Do the research.

i want to see proof.. ive done research..funny thing.. my 04 on dyno doing all gear run.. 6th didnt loose any power. wish i still had all gear chart to post. ive heard people like gpack and speak highly of it.. but no one.. not single one has proof on dyno what they do. not even company that sells them. but my bike didnt loose any power in 6th gear.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.