Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 r1 and in 2nd gear at about 5 or 6 thou it sputters then it kicks in. I had it jetted and I think it may be a bad jet job but it only does this in 2nd. Im runnin a D&D slip-on and a Dyno jet kit. But I'll be going to see Ivan soon. I got 10 grand on the bike so Im going to get a new clutch. Any advise???:( :(

·
Bikes, cars, and women
48 Posts
I had the same exact problem with mine and it only got worse. It is the tranny :cryin . I am about to replace mine in the next couple of weeks. Mine went from what you are talking about to not holding at all in second under full throttle in about 2K miles :cryin. Your best bet is to have it repaired now while the damage is minimal so you don't have to basically replace most of the tranny internals like I am :puke

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankz I just hope this thing won't cost alot of money. Do you have any idea how much to damage is??

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
Once it is gone you are loking at about 300.00 in parts and 800.00-1100.00 in labor depending on the person who does it. You have to pull the motor and split the cases to get to all the gear dogs and such:(

·
Bikes, cars, and women
48 Posts
Yeah...what Twisted said :D

Since the motor has to be pulled, I am replacing it with a low mileage 2001 motor :D. Then I am going to rebuild my 99 motor for a graves stroker kit or turbo :eek:

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good lookin out Shawnr1 and Twisted. I just talked to Ivan and he said that he would do it orf about 1,000 and if I brought his jet kit he would not charge me for the labor for the installation of the jet kit so Im goin for it.:rock :machinegu

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
1000.00 straight up is a good price and Ivan is the man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts