Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I can't pull the front wheel up in 2nd more than 3-4". I'm using the on-off method. I'll take it to 4-5K and on-off it. What the hell am I doing wrong? First gear is easy, but it comes up way to fast.

·
...JailBait?
4,585 Posts
Your too low in the RPM and the R1 doesnt have enough power to chop the throttle into a wheelie, take it to 7000RPM, let off and tug the bars and gas it at the same time, stay on the gas and it'll rise up to your delight, you may want to try standups., its easier to get it up

:)

ride safe

·
2 wheels are better than 4.
1,548 Posts
Check out the posts from THIS THREAD! . You should find all of your answers there or in another thread in this section. Be sure to use the SEARCH feature at the top of the page.

·
Experience is something you do
185 Posts
Red Beast said:
ok, I can't pull the front wheel up in 2nd more than 3-4". I'm using the on-off method. I'll take it to 4-5K and on-off it. What the hell am I doing wrong? First gear is easy, but it comes up way to fast.
Best advice I got of this forum that I didn't take any notice of until six months later was to adjust the throttle cable so that it has no play in it. I didn't think it would make much different but it really does. I can now pull my up on the throttle with out having to tug on the bars like a loon all the time:jump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts