Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, ive started getting comfortable with pulling the front wheel up in second gear while standing. I accelerate pretty quick up to around 5500 rpm and quickly go on and off with a slight bounce and up she comes. My problem is that if i dont get it high enough the first time, and i try to go on off again, it wont come up for some reason I think because I am not pulling hard enough up until the point where i go on/off. Also, when it starts coming up, i starting leaning way forward and was wondering if this is proper technique, because it feels kinda weird. also, i was wondering if significant damage will be done to my front forks/ seals when i come down? I never get too near the balance point, but she still comes down pretty quick if i feel she is getting too high. i have only had a few landings w/ minimal head shake. what im trying to figure out is if i will damage my forks just coming down off of a little wheelie?

·
Certified Beaver Hunter 02/03.
9 Posts
Your forks will be fine... but just to be safe when you let off and are nearly down again, gas it to smooth out the landing. It's a little easier on you and your bike. So we're on to standups huh? Pretty quick learner.

JR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts