Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tito said:
I can easily explain this;

In some countries,when you get down on driver license points,they restrict you to 33 bhp;some countries needs you to go steps before owning the 100hp restricted bikes;some cant bare to ride smaller bikes,need the look......

·
LoneRone
778 Posts
That's crazy, Imagine If someone brought their restricted R1 over here, they would hop on a 250 Ninja and think they were on a friggin spaceship....damn....God Bless the USA!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
In the UK if you are under 21 and you get your bike licence, you are restricted to 33bhp for 2 years. I was supposed to do this but the day i past my test i got a TZR 250 which is about 40 bhp, and in those 2 years i got a ZXR400, ZX6R and my first R1. I didnt get any of them restricted, and i delt with 3 different insurance company's and not one of them said anything about the bikes being restricted. Im not sure weither it was me just being lucky or they didnt care. :crash

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R1LOON said:
In the UK if you are under 21 and you get your bike licence, you are restricted to 33bhp for 2 years. I was supposed to do this but the day i past my test i got a TZR 250 which is about 40 bhp, and in those 2 years i got a ZXR400, ZX6R and my first R1. I didnt get any of them restricted, and i delt with 3 different insurance company's and not one of them said anything about the bikes being restricted. Im not sure weither it was me just being lucky or they didnt care. :crash
Oh,I bet they did care,but in the event of a claim,you"d had lost everything......

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
martinc said:
Oh,I bet they did care,but in the event of a claim,you"d had lost everything......
When i had my ZXR400, i hit a car head on when a woman pulled out from a garage straight into my path, and i claimed for the bike and injuries. Not one question was asked about the power of the bike from my solicitor or her's or the police. And i won the claim. At least i dont have to worry about that anymore because ive had my licence for 4 years.

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,670 Posts
That's just silly....but an approach that I can well understand. We had a kid that's never ridden a bike before buy and R1 while I was away. I fear for him...almost literally.

·
Ride it, don't eat it...
176 Posts
As restricted bikes go in the UK, I have to admit that it is a good way to make sure riders get proper experience and skillset before getting a bike w/ 140whp. They probably have less noob's getting dead than we do here...Well, maybe.

·
I'd rather be draggin' a knee!
2,286 Posts
WTF?? What do they do, put in a Honda motor or something? HAHAHAHA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts