Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
cool, but they seem to neglect the main concern of where rock chips occur of my bikes....the front nose piece around the headlights

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
my thoughts exactly... and below... bottom of front fairings, and sides of belly pan...

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=72306

The TankSlapper static clear film and 3M urethane clear film protection kits design is complete and ready for release. I just got back from Escondido late last night. We worked from 8:30AM until 6:00PM designing and test fitting the system.

·
what could possibly go wrong
2,241 Posts
I was just looking at those kits for the fairing protection for my 03. How invisible are those kits really. Is it worth the money and do they cover all important pieces. who makes the best ones? I like to get it but want to here from anyone that has them

·
Registered
327 Posts
I emailed clear-guard.com the other day and got a response today. They estimate that they will have a full kit and tank kit in a few weeks. Their kits are also cut from 3M Scotchcal. I'm still waiting to hear back from Stongard.com also.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Tankslappers gets a thumps up:thumbup

·
Registered
22 Posts
TheTankslapper is as clear as they claim. Before and when installing, take your time to remove all lint and bubbles from the film. Have it for more than a year now one of the most simple yet effective protection for your tank and lights :D :thumbup :thumbup

·
12,225 Posts
DannyC188 said:
I was just looking at those kits for the fairing protection for my 03. How invisible are those kits really. Is it worth the money and do they cover all important pieces. who makes the best ones? I like to get it but want to here from anyone that has them
I described that in the linked thread.

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
Still waiting for an email from Lucas on the details of shipping....
Want the set.. but am still waiting to hear from him.. Soon I hope...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clear Guards Paint Protection Kit for the 04 R1 is done...here's their kit design.

They also offer a headlight protection kit in Clear, Blue, Yellow, Red and Smoke tints.

·
12,225 Posts
R1JB said:
Clear Guards Paint Protection Kit for the 04 R1 is done...here's their kit design.

They also offer a headlight protection kit in Clear, Blue, Yellow, Red and Smoke tints.
The 3M total protection kit from thetankslapper.biz is more complete, and also less expensive.

Still, it's useful to be aware of alternatives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts