Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
wheres the aux rev limiter?
882 Posts
Its changing the chain and sprocket size from a 530 to a 520 , less rotating mass= less gyroscopic tendancy=easier flickability, depending on what chain and sprockets you use it should shed about 3 to 4 lbs of unsprung weight.

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
Search button my friend search. I did the conversion and like it alot. Never have to shift to 1st in the twisties, and wheelies on demand;)

·
Green Goblin
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bigkvn1 said:
Search button my friend search. I did the conversion and like it alot. Never have to shift to 1st in the twisties, and wheelies on demand;)
i did a search and all I found were post tell how they like it but not what it was exactly.

·
Green Goblin
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
37doc said:
Its changing the chain and sprocket size from a 530 to a 520 , less rotating mass= less gyroscopic tendancy=easier flickability, depending on what chain and sprockets you use it should shed about 3 to 4 lbs of unsprung weight.
Is the gear ratio effected at all?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
R1 Tuner said:
Is the gear ratio effected at all?
if you want it to

basically the 520 is a slightly smaller/lighter chain and sprocket combo. you can choose to keep the stock ratio, or alter to your needs since you must purchase chain, front, and rear sprockets

Id recomend -1 in front and +2 in the rear... and yes, that combo will throw off the speedo

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,992 Posts
VinR1 said:
if you want it to

basically the 520 is a slightly smaller/lighter chain and sprocket combo. you can choose to keep the stock ratio, or alter to your needs since you must purchase chain, front, and rear sprockets

Id recomend -1 in front and +2 in the rear... and yes, that combo will throw off the speedo

Yep.....easy fix though, a speedo calibrator... :rock

·
Born to do trackdays
386 Posts

·
Green Goblin
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Just when you thought . . .
189 Posts
R1 Tuner said:
you need to get the speedo calibrated?
Bone stock the speedo is off by about 6 percent (a little less if you put a 180/55 on the rear). If you change the sprockets from stock, then that throws the speedo even further off. But, as RUFFSTUFF nidicated, a speedo recalibrator will fix that. Less than $100 for a yellow box and easy to install. I'd recommednt eh speedo recalibrator even for stock gearing because the odometer is tied to the speedo. Thus, with stock gearing, you're adding 6% more miles to your bike than you are actually riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts