Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
2ND is the first LOSER!
770 Posts
I had thought about linoleum, but I was more worried about traction than dirt/spills. Linoleum is pretty slippery when damp/wet. I was also thinking of Linex or similar.
I also painted my floor with basement- garage floor grey traction paint, almost like it has grip sand in it..This works awesome and have lots of traction even when wet. Home Depot or Lowes has this also.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I also painted my floor with basement- garage floor grey traction paint, almost like it has grip sand in it..This works awesome and have lots of traction even when wet. Home Depot or Lowes has this also.
Hmmm, that might be the ticket. Thanks for the suggestion!

Got any pics of your interior? Always looking for ideas.

·
2ND is the first LOSER!
770 Posts
Hmmm, that might be the ticket. Thanks for the suggestion!

Got any pics of your interior? Always looking for ideas.
I will take and post up some new pics tonight...The paint Dries almost like grip tape, works AWESOME!

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,627 Posts
I also like this idea...I may have to do that too the board I use to put my bike in the truck...and the board I have the put bull trs mounted to...

·
Thread Killer
230 Posts
When are you coming to Cresson?? I NEED to check this out as I am in the "Trackday Transportation quandary". Do I fix up a 12/14 foot trailer? Buy an old van or small box truck? Or all in on a 25' toy hauler?:dunno

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
When are you coming to Cresson?? I NEED to check this out as I am in the "Trackday Transportation quandary". Do I fix up a 12/14 foot trailer? Buy an old van or small box truck? Or all in on a 25' toy hauler?:dunno
LSTD May 9-10 event I hope.

I'm digging it Rich!
Thanks!!!

I will take and post up some new pics tonight...The paint Dries almost like grip tape, works AWESOME!
I ended up going with outdoor carpet for now. $14 out the door was hard to pass up. I can always switch later.

Got some Kilz on it this weekend. OSB sucks up a lot of paint. If I had to do it over I think I would much rather have plywood, but since the OSB was in there (and I am dropping too much money into this thing already) I just went with it.

·
Registered
2007 yamaha yzf-r1
186 Posts
I know it might be too late but, you can spray bedliner on the floors , non slip,water proof and holds up great ,depending on the brand of bedliner you may also be able to get a custom color (other then black)

Attachments

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Very nice!

Yeah I have definitely given bed liner a thought or two. I may end up going that route, but for now I bought outdoor carpet. It will not be permanent, so I might change later, but at this point I need to stop spending money on this thing, and start getting it functional. I figure functional this year, tricked out over the winter when my funds reload (hopefully).

·
2ND is the first LOSER!
770 Posts
I know it might be too late but, you can spray bedliner on the floors , non slip,water proof and holds up great ,depending on the brand of bedliner you may also be able to get a custom color (other then black)
AWESOME idea!!!!

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This is to sweet! The all around perfect size/height and its enclosed!

Sweet set-up man!
Thanks!

Slapped on a coat of paint today. The two coats of Kilz Sunday did a pretty good job, so I think one coat of paint is enough at least for now. I will probably put up posters or some kind of wall covering anyway.

I put in four generic tie down points. They are not really for the bike, but more to keep the carpet from moving right now. Once I put down a couple of pieces of E-track, and a center plate for the bike to sit on, the carpet will not move. Need to get a plate for underneath to bolt the wheel chock to. Progress though. :D The piece of E-track in the pic is just sitting there for reference. I will probably have two on the floor and two on the wall. 2' pieces are $10 from Home Depot, so I will probably go that route.

Need molding next and a plate for the lip of the trailer to keep the carpet in place.

I'm at about $900 at this point. I am hoping by some miracle I can finish it up and stay under $1000. I think the wheels/tires will kill that possibility though.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Embarresed at the slow progress...

Scrapped the paint off the back yesterday. The iron beam needs a fresh coat of paint at some point, but it looks better without all the latex. The aluminum was in good shape, but a few of the bolts rusted right off so I need to replace them.

I bolted down the wheel chock. Three bolts in the back, and an eye bolt on each side of the front. Very solid!. Added the e-track (two foot section on either side). I think that is all I need to secure the R1. The four little tie downs on the floor are only rated at 150 lbs. each, but I don't plan on securing the R1 with those. I am mainly going to use them to keep the carpet in place and to secure small stuff like my ramp and canopy.

Painted the trim apple red (random quart can in my step dad's garage). I was mainly going with the free aspect, but I think it looks pretty nice. I may add a bit more later.

Things left to do (seems like these aren't getting done :D ):
Wheels/Tires (or at least tires)
Fix the back doors
Build a shelf to complete the top front part so it looks finished

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So I started the saga of trying to register my trailer today. It was never registered from the factory by the original owner (not sure how many owners ago that was), so I have to jump through a series of flaming hoops to get it legal. First step was getting it weighed on a certified public scale. 1200 lbs.! I had no idea it was that heavy, especially with how easy it is to move around by hand. Should come out to about 1800 pounds fully loaded, so my little S-10 wont be happy but will be able to pull it.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,917 Posts
... so I have to jump through a series of flaming hoops to get it legal.
Be sure not to wear anything with feathers... Speedos usually work best for that. Good luck! :thumbup

Pics?

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Be sure not to wear anything with feathers... Speedos usually work best for that. Good luck! :thumbup

Pics?
If you are talking about the trailer, post #33 is where she stands now.

If you are talking about pics of me in a speedo... Nobody needs to see that...

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Got the trailer registered today. May not seem that exciting, but it was the hardest part of the build so far. :D

Going to make the maiden voyage fully loaded to TWS this Saturday. I figure loaded will be about 1800 lbs. Should be interesting to see if my 92 horsepower 4 banger can do the job....

·
Banned
1,432 Posts
:eek5:
Got the trailer registered today. May not seem that exciting, but it was the hardest part of the build so far. :D

Going to make the maiden voyage fully loaded to TWS this Saturday. I figure loaded will be about 1800 lbs. Should be interesting to see if my 92 horsepower 4 banger can do the job....
:eek5:

92 hp that will be interesting :lol nice work on the trailer though!

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,917 Posts
So you managed the flaming hoops okay then? Have a fun trackday.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts