Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Sine Labore Nihil
135 Posts
I'll be at TWS as well. I would love to see the trailer as I am thinking about doing some work on mine. This was supposed to be the farewell track day at TWS, but it looks like we will get some additional dates before the end of the year. Stop by and say hello, I am usually pitted in the middle paddock and have a black and red R6 with #478 on it.

I hear ya on the registration thing, they really make it hard sometimes. lol

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
:eek5: 92 hp that will be interesting :lol nice work on the trailer though!
Well it might be a bit more than that.. 120hp at the crank. I was guestimating about 25% loss to the back wheels.

So you managed the flaming hoops okay then? Have a fun trackday.
Actually I just got the right person at the DMV. Turned a 3 hour tour into a five minute cake walk. I guess the key was she actually listened to me and understood what I was trying to accomplish.

I take pics at the track!

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'll be at TWS as well. I would love to see the trailer as I am thinking about doing some work on mine. This was supposed to be the farewell track day at TWS, but it looks like we will get some additional dates before the end of the year. Stop by and say hello, I am usually pitted in the middle paddock and have a black and red R6 with #478 on it.

I hear ya on the registration thing, they really make it hard sometimes. lol
Will do! I am on a red o0r R1 in the slow ass group... :D

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Finally got to use the trailer.

Started out Friday by picking up the trailer from my Mom's house. This was a bit discouraging...

$150 later (two new tires)...

Loading was easy as pie. The Harbor Freight chock worked great.

110 miles later... (my little 2.2L S-10 was limited to about 65mph)

TWS has power in the garages, and I parked within extension cord range.

Forgot my USA flag, so the chair had to sub...

So flippin hot in the afternoon that the duct tape shrunk. I know the exhaust contributed to the issue, but that has never happened to me at the track before.

The GPA Pro rear was awesome.

The last time for me at TWS? I hope not, but it is looking that way.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,804 Posts
Nice! Sounds like - after the tires - the rig did you right. :thumbup

Hey, don't you have better mirror block-offs? :crash

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nice! Sounds like - after the tires - the rig did you right. :thumbup
Honestly I was kind of disappointed Friday night when I got home. I mean I had to drive over to Mom's house, hook up the trailer, drive back (with the unscheduled stop for tires), and park in front of the house so I didn't have to deal with the driveway. BUT... then I loaded the R1 and it was so flippin easy any doubts I had quickly went away. I brought more stuff than I usually do, and had a nice box fan running all day. I hooked my canopy to the trailer and didn't have to worry about the wind or anything. Plus the trailer blocked one side of the canopy so the sun didn't get me most of the day. It was very nice!

Hey, don't you have better mirror block-offs? :crash
The 02-03 version does not fit the 04-06 version, or I am not smart enough to get them to work. :D I forgot to mention that too you (the first part, I figured you already know the second part).

41 - 47 of 47 Posts