Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Horatio Balsac
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my girlfriend just got a 600RR (second bike). Does anyone know if this thing needs a steering damper? Does it feel jittery or fairly stable?

If it matters, my girlfriend does not do wheelies, but probably will be participating in a track day or two this year.

This also sucks, because she has a bike, and I'm still waiting on my O4. :cryin

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,449 Posts
ScaR1 said:
Well, my girlfriend just got a 600RR (second bike). Does anyone know if this thing needs a steering damper? Does it feel jittery or fairly stable?

If it matters, my girlfriend does not do wheelies, but probably will be participating in a track day or two this year.

This also sucks, because she has a bike, and I'm still waiting on my O4. :cryin
I have a couple of friends that use it for street riding and racing and basically the ones that race it require a damper otherwise its cool without one.

BD

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
610 Posts
My friend just got rid of his, for an Aprilia Mille R. But his 600RR was very stable. She shouldn't have a problem riding around town, but if she is going to tracks on a regular basis, you might wanna look into getting one.

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
Mine will shimmy a little bit if I I'm all-out off a clover-leaf and at the same time crossing lanes. But I've never had a tank slapper doing wheelies or anything. A very stable bike from my experience.

I've never done track days with it. I plan to this year so I'm getting a damper for it now when I get the $$.

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Yeah, damper isnt necessary for the street. It is very stable.

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
Hit the guys up at www.600rr.net I'm sure they can give you the
lo down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts