Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i remember about half a year ago i asked who was going to places like asuza and angeles crest, and like a week later i wrecked. But i've had my bike back up and running for a while and would like to try and make it happen again. You guys still going lately??

·
Heckler & Koch Insured
104 Posts
i ride steadily with guys of off r6messagenet.com cali section. rides actually happen. mostly azusa, then malibu, then ojai and big bear and the like. we haven't done ACH since a bad accident with one of our friends but he alive and rides track only after his 80mph or so highside.

peep out r6messagenet.com more activity with group rides than on this board.

·
Heckler & Koch Insured
104 Posts
on ACH we used to meet at 9 then ride up after getting some gas. becareful up there though. one of the guys i ride with has a co-worker you lost his son up there about 3-4 weeks ago. some tour bus broke down and coolant was all over the road, he unfortunalty came into and didn't make it after his tires gave out. don't know more than that.

also the CHP might be up there, run early. but like i said, i haven't ridden ACH since january of this year. plus too many people up there dying, just not worth it to me to ride ACH. also, i hear cops kick it at the big tree of big tujunga or 9 mile.

·
Proud R1 owner
58 Posts
on ACH we used to meet at 9 then ride up after getting some gas. becareful up there though. one of the guys i ride with has a co-worker you lost his son up there about 3-4 weeks ago. some tour bus broke down and coolant was all over the road, he unfortunalty came into and didn't make it after his tires gave out. don't know more than that.

also the CHP might be up there, run early. but like i said, i haven't ridden ACH since january of this year. plus too many people up there dying, just not worth it to me to ride ACH. also, i hear cops kick it at the big tree of big tujunga or 9 mile.
I was up there on that day, on my way to Newcomb with a friend, but CHP close the road halfway. Lots of bikers stop on the side, and we end up just talking with each other, hoping the road will open soon. I heard about the tour bus thing, but I didn't know the guy died. I only heard somebody on a CBR crash up there. But the news is bad enough for me to end the ride for the day, we just decide to head back SLOWLY.

I agree with CHIEFone though, better run early over there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea the guy im running with he doesn't ride very fast, he just wants to get up there and take some pictures. Hes kind of a whore hahah, he said, "i want some updated pictures of myself."

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im down for anything, if there are more people that want to go to one or the other I'll follow along. But if it ends up just being me and my friend we're probably going to hit up ACH.

·
Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
:hellobye

Azusa area has been my default Sunday ride for most of the year.

I steer clear of ACH, I get pulled over almost every time I'm up there (never for a moving violation). Too much harassment up there and too many wrecks.

·
R1 and Speed Metal
32 Posts
Dude, Grew up in The Big "A"...Azusa. I rode the Canyon for sum 20 years or better. You all need to grow up and come play with the big boys up at the Crest on Sunday mornings. About 12 to 15 bike leave Azusa about 8:30 and we stage up at the Shell station at the bottom of the Hwy 2 around 9am and get the head streight before we head up. We should be easy to find just follow the Sweet Leaf.....

·
Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
I'm doing Azusa with a small group. Meeting 10:30AM at Shell (Azusa/210). Look for a Raven, probably an RC51, and either my Raven or my blue '02.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.