Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
(Trackday Addict)
1,153 Posts
keep the color.... call it "shadow". bike looks great.

·
Super Moderator
21,662 Posts
Very nice. Keep us posted on your track progess.

·
Track-addicted
1,727 Posts
Thats sweet! You have put some $$$ into that thing. I picked up anothe bike myself for the track, and Im actually gonna race it next year. I hear what your saying about the streets though, just not as fun anymore pushing it around blind corners knowing a surprise could be around one at any time. Have fun!

·
Track-addicted
1,727 Posts
Oh,and spray paint is the way to go...if its done right you can have a decent scheme with $40! I will post mine later.

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
great up.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Please do not paint that bike. It looks very aggressive the way it it!!!!!:flex:

·
Brake later, Gas earlier.
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
thanks for all the positive comments.

ok ok i'll leave my ghetto flat black rattle can job for now :)

and yeah i wanted gold wheels, but i picked these up 2nd hand for a good price so i cant argue.

·
Family, Honor, Strength
6,435 Posts
Very nice bike bro. Sure hate to see you leave the street riding scene though. How can you not ride in this beautiful California weather ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Bike looks great as is!! Plus if you are just going to track it, why spend the $$ painting something thats gonna go down (more than likely at some point) anyway? Just ride the hell out of it!!

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
Very nice bike I would'nt waste the $$$ on a paint job looks great use the money for spare parts. Check out the harris slider might save your rearset

Just got mine from the UK yesterday, waiting on replacement clutch puck and new custom race pegs for my rearsets to arrive :rock

sweet looking trackday tool Immortal, looks the biz :bow

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
to the streets that is!!! I finally decided I would not ride anywhere except the track. So I bought an R1 not too long ago and I've been busy converting my bike into the track scalpel I wish it to be and I'm just about done and wanted to share with you guys. It's about 99% done, my Athon GPS-R cluster comes tomorrow, and some Woodcraft cases are on the way - and then I'm ready to rock! Next trackday is in about two and a half weeks. I'm getting new fairings and a nice paintjob in a couple months.. for now this is how it'll be:

:rock:rock
Do you know where I can get that tail fairing at?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts