Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
man.. i like the times.. but im here to tell you something not right. you dont get .7..specially once in 8 sec range, with 40 shot. most people see gains in .4 range. not saying it cant happen.. but conditions and such had to be damn good. still congrats on the time.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
thats about my weight. and i use progressive. tho i havent gotten chance to spray this year with new stuff on bike. but when it had stock exhaust and such it picked up .4 spraying in first, with progressive starting at 30 hp. again thats one helluva a pickup.

Spidermanss....pm's still not working... WAH!!!!!!!

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
to get .4 from bike running in 8 sec zone... is about 50-60 more hp. only way ur 03 is getting them times... is 60ft and 330 ft due to length of arm. add 40 dry shot to ur bike and see where u get.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
biggest thing, is that we dont know tracks, elevation, and such from ur country. so yes hearing spiderman running those times he wouldnt be giving him such a hard time, but still, knowing nuke...he would still give him a little. just from what u said, it makes it little hard to believe. ive been racing my 04 since feb of 04.... u say u havent replace tons of clutches.... i find this hard to believe... even i hurt plates and im prolly one of lightest guys dragracing an r1. my bike wouldnt shift under high nitrous over 50hp on controller. i know ive tried a ton... that was with stock tranny, now with it undercut, and window switch to turn it off... i havent gotten to try it all year....ive got brand new full nitrous fill station bottle thats i havent even opened up once this year. again not saying its not possible, but just has little doubt to some. but still im happy u ran those times and congratulate u to utmost. good luck getting it back together.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
good luck with it. with my brocks i lost more bottom end power. bike lost .05 or more as average on 60ft and have to slip clutch more. take baffle out.. and it really loooses more bottom end..which it doesnt have much of. it does make more top end power..but it will hurt bottom just a tad.

can u do me a favor. hard to see ur pics of timeslip. just wondering what all short times are( 60 ft, 330, 1/8 and all mph) cant see it well. ur timing system may give more or less different numbers than what i normally see.

like here we have

reaction time
60ft
330ft
(some 330 mph)
1/8 mile(660 ft)
1/8mph
1000ft
1000 ft mph
1/4 mile(1320 ft_
1/4 mph

can u type them out for me?? good luck with new head and testing it. our season is pretty much done after this weekend. weather permitting.. but i maybe done till next year.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
dont know for best on bottom end.. but ground clearance... either brocks or V&H pipe. they just kill litle of the bottom end.

thanks for posting the numbers.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
LOL.. just have to look around.. i bought mine used from guy on ebay... he now is selling the turbo kit he made for his bike.. if u do search for 05turbo or something like that.. or look in for sale section.. got bargain on it... u dont see many on ebay.. but u never know when one might come up.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
ive been 1.24s on 68inch SBS turbo bike, but thats with multistage and quite bit of power, avg was 1.28-1.32. never seen gsxr1k with short times like that.

and for every .1 in 1/8 mile...is almost equal to .15 in 1/4. so .4 quicker in 1/8 is like .6 quicker in 1/4. good formula for figuring 1/8 to 1/4 times is 1.53 or so. doesnt work all times..depends on bikes and setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.