Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
to get .4 from bike running in 8 sec zone... is about 50-60 more hp. only way ur 03 is getting them times... is 60ft and 330 ft due to length of arm. add 40 dry shot to ur bike and see where u get.

·
WHO WANT IT???
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yamahas make good power on stock motor with some nos. Been there done that. Only problem is the shity clucth setup that kills it.
well i only changed my clutch once since i start drag racing...but you know how many people doubt yamaha on the strip so im trying to take it to another level with stock motor and nos....i'm going for 8.30's you'll see the slip soon:thumbup

·
WHO WANT IT???
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think you are full of BS but since you aren't in the US we will never know.
well you is the one thats full of :flush: because you was tryin to tell me im runnin a .40 jet. if you wanna know what im runnin you will find out soon when we come fl i'll make it my duty to I M you if u ''WANNA TRY'' nuke:nforc: ....im sure if spidermanss posted he ran that time you would of been the first 2 :bow

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
biggest thing, is that we dont know tracks, elevation, and such from ur country. so yes hearing spiderman running those times he wouldnt be giving him such a hard time, but still, knowing nuke...he would still give him a little. just from what u said, it makes it little hard to believe. ive been racing my 04 since feb of 04.... u say u havent replace tons of clutches.... i find this hard to believe... even i hurt plates and im prolly one of lightest guys dragracing an r1. my bike wouldnt shift under high nitrous over 50hp on controller. i know ive tried a ton... that was with stock tranny, now with it undercut, and window switch to turn it off... i havent gotten to try it all year....ive got brand new full nitrous fill station bottle thats i havent even opened up once this year. again not saying its not possible, but just has little doubt to some. but still im happy u ran those times and congratulate u to utmost. good luck getting it back together.

·
WHO WANT IT???
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
i respect everything that your sayin but like i said i was shock to see the time.... and thanks because i jus got an 05 head and timing might be a pain in the ass so ima need that luck

·
WHO WANT IT???
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
got it back up.... had to take all the adjusting pads out of the old head n put them in the new head due to valve clearance but she's up just gotta put it on the strip to see if she's alive

·
THE MAN
3,750 Posts
8.53 is NOW SLOW....lmfao

I love drag racing people :)

It should'da, could'da, would'da....blah blah blah...

I went this and that on less....

It never ends...

can't we just be happy for the guy? I mean he bent a valve and he is still happy... 8.53 is freaking SMOKING..

·
WHO WANT IT???
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
8.53 is NOW SLOW....lmfao

I love drag racing people :)

It should'da, could'da, would'da....blah blah blah...

I went this and that on less....

It never ends...

can't we just be happy for the guy? I mean he bent a valve and he is still happy... 8.53 is freaking SMOKING..
jay thats how it is man i know they still doubt....but i got the bike up again so i wll buy a sidewinder because my full graves is all bent to the bottom and test it again and let you guys know how it went:thumbup

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
good luck with it. with my brocks i lost more bottom end power. bike lost .05 or more as average on 60ft and have to slip clutch more. take baffle out.. and it really loooses more bottom end..which it doesnt have much of. it does make more top end power..but it will hurt bottom just a tad.

can u do me a favor. hard to see ur pics of timeslip. just wondering what all short times are( 60 ft, 330, 1/8 and all mph) cant see it well. ur timing system may give more or less different numbers than what i normally see.

like here we have

reaction time
60ft
330ft
(some 330 mph)
1/8 mile(660 ft)
1/8mph
1000ft
1000 ft mph
1/4 mile(1320 ft_
1/4 mph

can u type them out for me?? good luck with new head and testing it. our season is pretty much done after this weekend. weather permitting.. but i maybe done till next year.

·
WHO WANT IT???
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
good luck with it. with my brocks i lost more bottom end power. bike lost .05 or more as average on 60ft and have to slip clutch more. take baffle out.. and it really loooses more bottom end..which it doesnt have much of. it does make more top end power..but it will hurt bottom just a tad.

can u do me a favor. hard to see ur pics of timeslip. just wondering what all short times are( 60 ft, 330, 1/8 and all mph) cant see it well. ur timing system may give more or less different numbers than what i normally see.

like here we have

reaction time
60ft
330ft
(some 330 mph)
1/8 mile(660 ft)
1/8mph
1000ft
1000 ft mph
1/4 mile(1320 ft_
1/4 mph

can u type them out for me?? good luck with new head and testing it. our season is pretty much done after this weekend. weather permitting.. but i maybe done till next year.
so whats a good exhaust? i was watching the indy series vance&hines...right now i have the full graves and its working great but clearance at the bottom is a problem so i dnt wanna buy it again.

reaction-0.828
60 ft-(wasnt workin)
1/8 mph(wasnt workin)
660-5.491
1/4 mph-161.29
et-8.539

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.