Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My R1 is about to be born!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting for my Fiat Yamaha Kit to come and then to be told it was not coming until sometime in the new year because of finishing issues, I just went and put down a deposit on a new 848 in white. As a big Rossi fan I am sort of bummed, but, after seeing the Ducati in my local dealer I am stoked on the bike.

Plus this time next year you know Vale's going to be riding one!

Cheers

·
Fear Nothing, Risk Everything
5,767 Posts
sweet, post pics when u get it

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Its so funny how I was in the same situation. I was waiting for the Fiat kit and getting dicked around, so I decided to go with the 848. I went and test rode a good friends 1098 and I couldnt see myself owning/riding one so I decided on a black 2008 R1. 2 weeks later to my surprise, my FIAT kit shows up and bam, it all worked out for me. My advice, wait it out. Its December anyway, not like its riding season. I know its hard because you just want to own something, but the wait ill be WELL WORTH IT!

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Congrats.

·
My R1 is about to be born!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know what, your'e probably right I should hang on, as the weather is terrible and its Christmas and all, But, that Ducati is a sweet bike and after a bit of questioning I am not sure if i could ride a race replica.

I would probably spend more time admiring it than riding it, if I remember right Project I am looking forward to seeing the finished replica with all its Gold accessories on, your bike will look a treat!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
After waiting for my Fiat Yamaha Kit to come and then to be told it was not coming until sometime in the new year because of finishing issues, I just went and put down a deposit on a new 848 in white. As a big Rossi fan I am sort of bummed, but, after seeing the Ducati in my local dealer I am stoked on the bike.

Plus this time next year you know Vale's going to be riding one!

Cheers
much better choice in my opinion. the 848 in white is just one classy bike. i wished Ducati would have kept the dry clutch though. as for the Fiat replica, i dont know, the LE and the 50th looked 100x better. I know its about sponsor dollars, but a goddamn, FIAT sign on a pretty machine like an R1. Biggest POS car out of Europe. Oh well they are the ones paying the bills.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.