Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Yamaha R1
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it’s just the wire that seems to have a problem as when I bought it it wasn’t connected but had a wire connected which tricked the system but when I took it out it started throwing 8k codes (not a surprise) I don’t really have the need to get a new warning light indicator as I know roughly how much I get out of a tank so I just reset trip distance each time. But I dislike not being able to see my Rpms half the time so any suggestions in getting rid of that code showing?

·
Registered
1998 4xv
118 Posts
I don’t really understand what you require here it’s the green plug under your tank two wires if you had a wire connected to trick the system and removed it why not put another in its place if you don’t want to replace the broken part in your tank

·
Is there anybody out there?
4,421 Posts
Back in the day, after having my second fuel sender go bad, I installed a 900 Ohm resistor to trick out the system. I was like you, reset my miles and filled up around 170 miles as I would get 200 miles per tank. Worked great!

Mark

·
I fly low..
1999 Yamaha YZF R1
37 Posts
I have the same problem with my 99. The fuel light came on the odometer would flip to the reserve. It even did it when the tank was full. I just kept reset it. I have a new sender unit with the float. I haven’t had time to install it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts