Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted before, but this is pretty lame I think.. It was filmed awhile ago with a first gen r1.. The commentator is a fvcking idiot..The rider could have done a better job I think, he doesn't even get a knee down.. :bs

Clicky

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
There was many comments on this everyone knows british have rotten teeth

·
Left 4 Dead
2,510 Posts
Thats a bunch of crap....

You can't run a bike and a car on the track at the same time and expect to get good results.

If its car against car... when one car bumps the other one its not that big of a deal... BUT if the car bumps the bike, its all over.

The bike rider can't ride as aggresively as he wants because he might get RUN OVER !!!!

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
The fact of a matter is the car won't bump the bike because bike takes out any car, on that video rider was just shitty.....
I took out BMW M3 AC SCHNITZER on a stock 2002 on highway and on track.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree about the bike rider not being able to ride as aggressively as he may have wanted to but Nial Mackenzie is a MUCH better rider than almost all of us can ever hope to be. He is an editor for T.W.O. an amazing british motorcycle magazine that I subscribe to. I was a little surprised by the outcome though.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,150 Posts
i don't think he had an opportunity to warm the tires up... so he couldn't really crank it over and juice it coming out of the corners... i know he's great rider... but what was that..??? one lap... please

·
Banned
220 Posts
man the rider was great, i mean he is awesome, maybe a cold tires, thats it, and all you idiots up top who said he cant ride are dumba$$es, id like to see you go head to head with a car. holla back bit©es

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
bike takes out any car, on that video rider was just shitty
You have never ridden a sports car, isn't it? This is complete nonsense.
Cars like the 911 generate considerable aerodynamic downforce what enables them to brake MUCH harder than the bike. It enables also higher speeds in the courve. And depending on what type of 911 it is, the bike will not gain a lot on the straight or even loose more ground on a long straight because of the higher top speed of the car!

·
...Is just so addicted to R1..
902 Posts
laughs...everyone gets so pissed off..

The post wasn't about the advantages and who it's fair or not fair... The simple fact is there ARE inherent advantages to a car- some very obivous ones:

1) You have an infinitely better chance of suriving in a car if you fuuck up...

umm..ok...how bout I stop right there- it's already been said in this post. Instead fo crying "iiieeww, it not fair.." just acknowledge that sports cars have their place in this world too.

who cares- besides, everyone knows you get tons of ass on bikes and cars... :D let's get along. Shit- you can't ride a bike EVERY time you go somewhere- (although I would love to)

It's funny to watch people get pissed off and defensive though- I wrote a moderately negative review on the SVT cobra a while ago- I actually quite liked the car, but I felt the Saleen suspension made the 281 a much better poor man's sportscar.. MY GOD- you should have seen all the mustang bitches start crying.. oh my god, it was like a symphony... meanwhile I had ALOT of good things to say about the god damned car!

Someone should film an R1 beating up a mustang and post it here- then link it to a mustang forum... oh my bloody god- it would turn into a WAR- mustang forum people are BITCHES!!

so let's NOT turn into bitches here. Porsches are hot cars. R1's are the HOTTEST :D bikes!!!

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
It was a staged race...it was the old Car vs Bike spoof. I have seen this before although I could not listen to the audio stream for some reason :(

·
190 rear section heaven !
1,997 Posts
echo7 said:
There was many comments on this everyone knows british have rotten teeth
Nothing wrong with my teeth you twat!

:finger

·
70,000 miles on 4 R1's 01-04
2,385 Posts
dairyman said:
y dopes that video never work for me, o ya cars are faster than bikes F1 vs MotoGP F1 times are faster
yep, at the ultimate extreemes though...... they did a write up about a GSXR1K vs ZO6 on the track, the bike destroyed it and Im willing to bet that the 911T wouldnt be as fast or much faster on the track than the vette.

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
611 Posts
I raced this guy in a motorized wheelchair the other day, I don't know why, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Next time I swear I'm gonna win. Let me hit some corners!

·
70,000 miles on 4 R1's 01-04
2,385 Posts
k, now that I watched the video I really gota call BS. They need to run those two separate. I bet the bike would win by a second or two. You can tell that having the car right there definately made a difference in his riding.

like he said at the end, he just wanted to shut up all the bikers and did a weak, one sided TV test so he could throw it in all our faces.

·
No, you can't ride it
604 Posts
My dad has a 911 twin turbo. He goes to the track quite often. When we were discussing lap times at Brainerd Intl Raceway in Minnesota, he was telling me that he does laps at about 1:50. The times that I can run on my R1 are around there. And The AMA superbikes run 1:36's I believe.:yesnod Oh ya, AND the bikes have to take a longer way with a 90 degree turn thrown in.:D :eek:wwn3d

·
300kms Is Just The Begining
16 Posts
TOO MANY VARIABLES,

You just cant compare a $10,000 bike to a $50,000 + Car

Its just not right,

A few dollars to fill up, mindblowing performance on the street.

On the track its so so even , on the street , it does not matter which car you have its bye bye , charles

is it me or do R1's rule.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts