Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ever wanted to put a full system on your R1 now is the time to get a great deal on some Hindle headers at a discounted price. I found these online today at lunch. I ordered mine today for $235 out the door to virginia. The low mount one is suppose to line up just like the stock header therefore I hope to use my current slip-on with it.

http://www.hindle.com/products-yam.html

·
Say cheese!
249 Posts
Will it make that much difference over stock? I've heard you sacrifice some power down low. Will other makes of mufflers/slip-ons for those years be compatible (e.g. yosh, two bros., scorpion) with the full headers? I don't have a slip-on, and by looking at their muffler prices it seems they more than make up their money if you purchase a muffler. BTW, their "choose a muffler" page is crap.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never owned a Hindle before but i've heard nothing but good things about them. I want to try a full system for myself without spending a grand or more. I'm hoping that with the help of the Flow-Commander i'll be able to regain most of the bottom end that might be lost with the headers.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
I just ordered mine she said it should ship tomm. I'm going to try and see if 1 of those simon gp cans would fit or I'll just wait for a akro deal on ebay. thanks again for the heads up i've been getting insane deals in the last couple of months

·
getting away with it since 84!
1,187 Posts
hindles are great pipes i had a full hindle on my R6 in 03, super light weight and fit was nice, made good power and sound, mine was a aluminum header with ti mid pipe and can very good quality their price has gone up some since then but this is a steal...

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hindles are great pipes i had a full hindle on my R6 in 03, super light weight and fit was nice, made good power and sound, mine was a aluminum header with ti mid pipe and can very good quality their price has gone up some since then but this is a steal...
Yeah I figure at this price it's worth a try. If I don't like it I should easily be able to sell it and get my money back. Hope it works out good for all of us though.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
I am suprised at the lack of responce to this deal. I've had my 2000 since may of 00 and had a yoshi slip-on till 04 when my mechanic told me how the stockheader with the exup is just a noise regulator, how jamie james lost a championship to a failed exup etc. I had no complaints with the performance of the exhaust system I had but he talked me into removing the exup "if you dont like it we can always put it back". Well I could not get over the way the bike would leap off the line and the sound was unholy all with stock jetting. Then when we were rebuilding my 00 in 06 we were taking it down to the frame for powdercoat and he told me to hang the yoshi & header on the backwall I almost shit myself feeling the weight of the stockheader. That day I went on the net looking for its replacement wound up with the arata for close to $1500. Results instant throttle responce pulls strong to 180 more sound is only 6 pounds the yoshi&header was 17 pounds. Damn did I write all that, The hindle is really going to be the aratas stand in for the track way cheaper route if binned. Anyway go with what is best for you rant over:bash

·
THE MAN
3,743 Posts
keep in mind these bikes are exhaust sensitive. The hindle will i am sure produce more top end power as any full system on these bikes will. The real measure is how smooth the curve is.

I personally have not had good luck with these pipes, but have never tried one on an R1.

Personally I would not buy any pipe for one of these bikes that does not work with Ivans kit.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
keep in mind these bikes are exhaust sensitive. The hindle will i am sure produce more top end power as any full system on these bikes will. The real measure is how smooth the curve is.

I personally have not had good luck with these pipes, but have never tried one on an R1.

Personally I would not buy any pipe for one of these bikes that does not work with Ivans kit.
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Ivan's kit is not recomended for a 4 into 2 into 1 system. Therefore, I decided to stay with my factory pro jet kit. Hopefully we'll have great results. It's still worth taking a shot at.

Hey, do you know if we need the Samanna Systems Servo Sub after removing the exup valve or is there something else out there to use?

·
Registered
92 Posts
"Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Ivan's kit is not recomended for a 4 into 2 into 1 system. Therefore, I decided to stay with my factory pro jet kit. Hopefully we'll have great results. It's still worth taking a shot at.

Hey, do you know if we need the Samanna Systems Servo Sub after removing the exup valve or is there something else out there to use?"

good question...that is also my concern but am willing to take the shot as well for $200

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good question...that is also my concern but am willing to take the shot as well for $200
Yeah, I just told my wife that that's one thing she can get me for Christmas and it was on :jump

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.