Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ever wanted to put a full system on your R1 now is the time to get a great deal on some Hindle headers at a discounted price. I found these online today at lunch. I ordered mine today for $235 out the door to virginia. The low mount one is suppose to line up just like the stock header therefore I hope to use my current slip-on with it.

http://www.hindle.com/products-yam.html

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never owned a Hindle before but i've heard nothing but good things about them. I want to try a full system for myself without spending a grand or more. I'm hoping that with the help of the Flow-Commander i'll be able to regain most of the bottom end that might be lost with the headers.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hindles are great pipes i had a full hindle on my R6 in 03, super light weight and fit was nice, made good power and sound, mine was a aluminum header with ti mid pipe and can very good quality their price has gone up some since then but this is a steal...
Yeah I figure at this price it's worth a try. If I don't like it I should easily be able to sell it and get my money back. Hope it works out good for all of us though.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
keep in mind these bikes are exhaust sensitive. The hindle will i am sure produce more top end power as any full system on these bikes will. The real measure is how smooth the curve is.

I personally have not had good luck with these pipes, but have never tried one on an R1.

Personally I would not buy any pipe for one of these bikes that does not work with Ivans kit.
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Ivan's kit is not recomended for a 4 into 2 into 1 system. Therefore, I decided to stay with my factory pro jet kit. Hopefully we'll have great results. It's still worth taking a shot at.

Hey, do you know if we need the Samanna Systems Servo Sub after removing the exup valve or is there something else out there to use?

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good question...that is also my concern but am willing to take the shot as well for $200
Yeah, I just told my wife that that's one thing she can get me for Christmas and it was on :jump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.