Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there guys,im new to this site,but I was wondering if anyone had this problem with there indicators:I started fitting new aftermarket indicators to the bike as it dident have any cause I put the bike together from a van full of spares,when I fitted the front ones they were working fine,but when I fitted the back ones,not the back nor the front were working anymore,I then disconnected the back ones again to see if the front ones would work alone like when I started but then they were dead aswell,I checked the fuses and theire all good,any advice on this will help,I need to get back on the road without a shop charging ''an arm and a leg'' .

thanks alot

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
globes first... then check power to the globe socket with a multimeter. are they standard indicators?

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
thanks,they are aftermarket,Im gonna check the globes and the current,i'll come back then
no probs with the negative of the multimeter on the frame of the bike and the positive lead of the multimeter on one of the globe terminals, and the ignition and indicator on, the multimeter should go up and down the scale just like the indicator would blink.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.