Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
what the ......?
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how hard it is to change change clutch plates out? Also what's happening is when I shift( from 1st to 2nd especially) something makes a loud popping sound and is not very smooth between the gears.:( any help would be much appreciated.

Also I CANNOT clutch it into a wheelie in any gear. I will get going to about 35 mph or so be in 2nd gear, pull in the clutch go to around 8000rpms and straight drop the clutch and all it does is surge forward a little bit!

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Dropping the4 clutch.......ouch.
get lessons on how to do it from our resident stunters!

Its a fair job to replace the plates.....and be carefull,"dropping" the clutch may lead to broken plates...if they are not already cracked.
The plate behind the piano wire (the last,smaller odd plate)is there to cushion the hits,but not all kind.

·
what the ......?
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'M TRYIN TO FIND OUT IF MY CLUTCH IS COMPLETLY GONE OR NOT. I MEAN WHEN I LET OUT THE HANDLE IN FIRST GEAR IT DOESN'T CATCH UNTIL ABOUT THE LAST 1/4".

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
LBSC2972 said:
I'M TRYIN TO FIND OUT IF MY CLUTCH IS COMPLETLY GONE OR NOT. I MEAN WHEN I LET OUT THE HANDLE IN FIRST GEAR IT DOESN'T CATCH UNTIL ABOUT THE LAST 1/4".
its rooted!:lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts