Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I have a 99 R1. I have a skipping issue or missing issue when I get on the throttle sometimes not all the time only sometimes. I thought that the chain was loose so I did my judgment there and it is not the chain sliding I checked both my sprockets and it is definitely not a loose chain. I'm thinking it's either electrical or something major in the transmission if you guys have any advice please please I could use your help. Thank you.

·
Registered
594 Posts
What do you mean skipping/missing? Like it bogs down and misfires or that your RPMs jump, but you're not accelerating? If the former, it could be spark plugs or carbs. The latter could be a worn clutch that's slipping.

·
One Liter Duck Eater
230 Posts
I had the same issue with my 09. I took it in for some dyno time, and the tech noticed that the fuel line was kinked. Did you do anything under the tank recently?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue on my 97 Thunderace. New chain and sprockets. New clutch. Still trying to figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Frank-P
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing