Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I have drained the gas tank and put in fresh gas. I have taken off the carbs, cleaned them(they didn't even look that bad). Put new plugs in it. My 99 still sounds like it is running on 2 or 3 cylinders at and slightly off idle. In neutral at around 4-6000 it pops BAD. At WOT she runs fine.

WHAT NEXT?!?!?!

Thanks for any advice.

J Wett

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
Ok. I have drained the gas tank and put in fresh gas. I have taken off the carbs, cleaned them(they didn't even look that bad). Put new plugs in it. My 99 still sounds like it is running on 2 or 3 cylinders at and slightly off idle. In neutral at around 4-6000 it pops BAD. At WOT she runs fine.

WHAT NEXT?!?!?!

Thanks for any advice.

J Wett
get the carbs balanced/synchronised. go to a shop unless you have a manometer.

·
u where flyin when i passed u
48 Posts
carbs out of sync, coils, air filter, how did the carbs not look bad, hold jets to light, then clean, then hold to light, you will see they were dirty, this area is very sensitive, and if anything is in your tank, you will just run back into carbs, change fuel filter, gets some 44k put in gas, then start riding your bike more, lol. good luck, remeber push right lean right go right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.