Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dude this would be the life...
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on a Ride about 5pm yesterday I had my gear on and was wearing my helmet but had my Visor up and a bee flew right in my flight path and slides into my helmet and then proceeds to sting me right in the left side of my cheek. I just about grab alot of front brake because he was still in my helmet and now going up near my ear. But finally got pulled over took my helmet off and the little f*#ker fell out and then I gave him the business. :machinegu Bee. Thought I would share my story with some of you.

This every happen to anyone else or I' m i the only one this has happened to.

·
Dude this would be the life...
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope the little F#*ker must have been the chosen one because he was still moving around when he dropped from my helmet once I got stopped. Too bad he ain't moving now.

·
BANNED!
3,989 Posts
a gigantic fly or something flew into my jacket once, it stung/bit me on my neck but i just took the pain until i got home, yeah i'm a stud

·
Wolf exhaust bites
173 Posts
lol, yep, I got a Frickin wasp in the front of my jacket and it stung me right above the collar bone while carving canyons! Luckily it was on a straight so I locked up the rear for a second, stopped in the middle of the road (quiet canyon road) and took everything off, but the bastard was gone so I couldnt get revenge :mad:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I've been stung while riding about half a dozen times over the last three years. All have been on my neck except for one. The little f'er got down my jacket and stung me right under my bellybutton. Man, I hate getting stung by bees. It always happens to me when I on the twistiest part of a super twisty canyon road. :cryin

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
I had one of the lil shiots fly in my helmet, make its way down to my neck and proceed to sting the crap outta me. Bees and spiders can $#%^ off. :boom

·
Registered
128 Posts
nvr been stung in my 2 years of riding but i have been gettting bitten by spiders in my sleep lately.

Anyone know if I can get spider traps, like how they make ant traps? I don't need the spray and that's all I can seem to find at the local super mart.

·
Will Work For Gas Money
135 Posts
BEEEEEEEEEE

I was on my way up to the Sept "First Sunday" meet in Ephreta, PA, decked out in full leather.

Now when in full leather, gloves, boots, and full face helmet, what's exposed? Your NECK! Well the little Bastage hits me in the neck (which alone hurt like hell), then somehow(!) manages to fall down into my leather where he stings me at the very base of the neck!

:rant

rvb

·
I am Evil Homer
1,628 Posts
I had one fly into my helmet at a stop light, He flew in through the top of my visor (I had it up) when I put my visor back down there's a huge ****ing bee right in front of my eyes. I quickly flipped my visor back up.

FYI: Bees (except for certain types often referred to as "killer" bees) can only sting you once, because their stinger is curved and gets stuck in your body, so when they fly off the stinger stays put and the bee quickly dies. Wasps have straight stingers and can sting multiple times. Also, if you do find a bee stinger in you, do not pinch it out with your fingers, that will inject more venom into you, resulting in a more painful sting. Use the edge of a credit card or flick it out.

·
smooth=fast
1,136 Posts
Had my jacket zipper pulled down 2" on the freeway doin' 70 a got nailed by a june-bug right below the adams apple

I couldn' breathe for 3-4 minutes

looked down on the tank - that june-bug was still livin'

NOT!!

·
Fate is for the lazy
603 Posts
I don't know if it was a bee or just a big fly, but it must have gotten trapped in my helmet when I closed my visor just before I took the first right-hand sweeper on the backside of Ortega. The damn thing started buzzing and bouncing between my face and my visor just as I leaned into the turn. I couldn't do anything but hope and pray that the damn thing wouldn't sting me! Once the road straightened out, I popped my visor and sett the little bastard free.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i hit a bird(sparrow). I saw it at eye level. I ducked and it bounced off the arai logo. I dunno if it made it or not.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
PhiSig1071 said:
I had one fly into my helmet at a stop light, He flew in through the top of my visor (I had it up) when I put my visor back down there's a huge ****ing bee right in front of my eyes. I quickly flipped my visor back up.

FYI: Bees (except for certain types often referred to as "killer" bees) can only sting you once, because their stinger is curved and gets stuck in your body, so when they fly off the stinger stays put and the bee quickly dies. Wasps have straight stingers and can sting multiple times. Also, if you do find a bee stinger in you, do not pinch it out with your fingers, that will inject more venom into you, resulting in a more painful sting. Use the edge of a credit card or flick it out.
Not true, "killer Bees" are actually African Honeybees and have the same barbed stinger, Bumblebees on the other hand are like wasps, and hornets in that they have straight non-barbed stingers that can be withdrawn and used again. Honey bees barbed stingers, actually pull part of their digestive tract out when removed, and yes you should gently scraope them out with a card if possible, however using your fingernail to scrape it out also works.
Quick side note, if you get stung by a honeybee, you can actually watch the poison gland "pulse" and pump the poison into you if you like:crash
Since i'm alleregic, i don't like.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Yep been stung right below my eye, Hurt like hell for a couple of minutes.

·
Life On Wheels
190 Posts
Yeah, we stopped at a gass station and I got stung on my hand from the bee:boom that on was my throttle handle. SOB was squashed at the same time. Thank god it wasn't my buddy that was with me, he's allergic to bees.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts