Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· My pastime
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must admit that I am a little disappointed. I installed Ivan's jet kit and it sucks under 4000rpm. There are no dynos in my area to have it tuned on. Runs great on top, but is very very sluggish under 4k. Can someone give me a little advice or suggestions?

· Registered
64 Posts
hey martinc, can you start a thread on the dial a jet. maybe post some pics of it installed, if possible. also, give a description of how it works. for example, will you still have to have a jet kit to richen the mixture? i can see how you can lean it out, but will it also richen a stock set-up?
thanks!!!!!!!

· Registered
15,446 Posts
yes,it will richen up a stock setup up to 6 main jets sizes!

in fact,for the DAJ to work properly,i have to go down on main jets size to make it lean so it will work easier.

the DAJ has that feature which is to fill up the needs of the stock fuel curve where it needs it,when it needs it.

that thing even compensate for changes in elevations,so you"re bike will work with same hp no matter the level(of the sea) you are.

i"ll start a tread when i get it on(this weekend).

· Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
martinc where are these availible from. and roughly how much. is this a setup like ive seen on some harleys???got any pics. please let us know. would be grea at the drag track at different elevations.

· Registered
15,446 Posts
vintcs said:
Hi Martinc, what you mean the DAJ is actualli a set of new carburreter with Fuel injection is it?
They fix onto your carb R1 ? That mean change the carb to FI right?
lol,no!

they can be used as a jetkit though...

they spray a very fine plume of atomised gas(like an injector)which is mixed with the fuel/air charge going through the carbs;it has 5 base settings;
it will only spray what your motor is asking for instantly.(you got to be jetted too lean to start with inorder for it to work).

· Born to do trackdays
390 Posts
Dail-a-Jet interest

Hi,

Please start a thread as soon as you have some info or continue with this one ?

Very interested to hear your experiences. Maybe this is the answer and we'll be able to get rid of the EXUP and go with a full header system without the infamous flat spots.

They don't list a part number for the R1 ?

Please let us know !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.