Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAHA! I gotta tell you about my own little experience I had with some dude I in a car that was catching up to me from behind as I was going home from a Potatoes MC meeting (our group hehe).
Well this guy.. kebab can we call him.. comes up and waves like a pyscho with his hand .. like a / .. apparently he wanted me to wheelie but I thought that he was the kind one that said there are cops ahead. So I slowed down a bit. But that dude also slowed down and kept waving / with is hand. SO . I like Oh!! You mean like I should "wheelie!?!?" .. and I was so amazed over how HIGH he was on seeing me do a wheelie.. So I clicked in 3rd gear and did the regular standup @ 80mph (we were traveling that fast).. and I looked at the guy which was right now literally hanging outside his car and I assume he wanted to listen to the my RR work.
30 secs or so later I landed the wheelie so far ahead of his car that it took him a while to catch up. But he DID! And this time he was all over me and waved so fast with his hand that I couldn't see what he was doing.. so just to get rid of that guy (and probably do what he wanted me to do.. again) I pulled off a 4th gear wheelie (new standup) and took it as far as I could and then landed and just speeded off away and got rid of him..

I actually was smiling for quite a bit of the trip back home that some guy really could be THAT excited over wanting/seeing me doing a wheelie.

Anyone else want to share a story?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just got back from the monthly motorcycle gathering today. It was great. Always nice to see several hundred bikes gathered, all makes and models. On the way home I pasted some kids who always egg on sportbikes to yank wheelies. They were a trip. It is a great day and I couldn't have asked for better weather! Had several people inquire about the R1 forum because they say my sticker. We may be getting some new friends on the forum shortly! :rock

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's SWEET mate!! Next season my sticker will be all over Sweden.. travelling :p

I sure will promote the site like a sicko :p

·
SoooooPra~
175 Posts
Well, thats pretty much waht i do when i see R'1s or any other hot bikes...if you're in NJ by the Gw bridge and an asian kid in a maxima(soon to be Supra=)) waves at ya..thats me...

I once followed 5 r'1s and a gixxer 750 for 20 minutes just waving at em..but they got pissed off and just took off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts