Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I went to test ride my bike after just intalling a supposedly bad r/r and stator, and my clutch cable popped out at 140 in sixth I coasted down and hit the cut off .
It starts raining! I am thinking just get it home and Ill be fine .Not as easy a task as it would seem.

I wasnt to far from my house so I got my mom to bring me some tools I fix the slipped clutch cable I am missing a wire circlip thats why it slipped out nothing, holding up the arm ,just the force from the tension is keeping it up.

Now as I am riding home frezzzzing my ass off the whole way it starts pouring oil , I forot to tighten the oil pan drain bolt, all the way, it was only finger tight .I hit the cut off once again and some how pull over(in between a turning median) in the wet rain leaking a ton of oil ,i was lucky it started when I was at a stoplight .

I am holding the oil in with my finger as I look for the bolt, no luck. I am officially screwed. Actually unscrewed.lol

I try to contact a tow truck, 5 companies nobody responds except for 1 company who hung up on me.

After finally not getting a tow truck I get the big idea of getting a u haul van so I hop in my moms car and get the truck after I get the truck ,trying to load this thing in the back with only me pushing and a little help from mom and no luck .I drop the bike trying to load it twice, once on the street from the slippery oil and once trying to load on the ramp. I am pissed ,but the bar ends took the brunt of it (2 inch extensions paid off) .The bike was naked since I was toooling on it there are only a few scratches in the paint on the tail but the bike is going to be repainted so I am not to pissed.

Someone passes by and kindly helped me load it up the ramp me +another set of arms = task accomplished.

All in all it was a 7 hour ordeal it sucked and am Stupid for not checking that nut my hastiness and negligence cost me ,I just thank God it is over and it wasnt any worse, if you are going to tool on your own bike be thorough.

I was just wondering how much damage could the engine sustain if it is starved about half of its oil supply for a few seconds. I was allready having a havy knock from the engine.thanks

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
add oil and check it. actully there are alt of little crevices that hold oil even after u drain all oil out. as long as it had some in it, you should be okay, best of luck

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so id say there was about half of the oil supply in when I cutt off the engine do it should be o.k.

·
You smoke WHAT????
2,050 Posts
WOW nice to see someone else has bad days also! LOL! You shouldnt of hurt anything as long as you didnt run it dry, maybe minial wear on the bearings, I wouldnt worry about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.