Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1961 - 1969 of 1969 Posts

·
Venom X/O
23,270 Posts
I had the Mac radiator. Mine got up to temp no problems, here in central Fl. Radiator worked ok, it wasnt life changing. It did help with heat soaking after a long track day, but I still got the bike to overheat every once in a while. Better than every session though.
Also I need to note I don’t know 100% sure if I had a issue with my coolant system. I’m not 100% sure I didn’t have a blockage.
I would gladly buy another one if I had a 09-14, it def helps with heat.

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,963 (Edited)
I have to give up the street. Missed an entire track season on deployment and had to put my wrist in it on my last favorite on ramp during my first ride. Cold weather ain’t friendly and I’m not too smart. Looking at the front tire on the right side, my lean angle was way to much for the weather temperature on new cold tires. Won’t make this mistake again.

Found a nice small shop owner who wants to write up the estimate and help save the bike.

The rebuild continues. Stay tuned...

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,470 Posts
No......Ugh man...Are you ok?

You better get that back and ready for April May time frame. I just bought a 12 day pass....

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,111 Posts
oh faacckk... sorry to hear man, think slow, think smart. it helps this time of year.

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,968
Yep. @Tad158 was right. You can guess where I lost traction at the top of the on ramp in this picture. The bike then bucked me off and then slammed on its left side and slid to the other side of the bridge. That’s quite some distance. I ended up in the center of the bridge.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,470 Posts
Yep....see those diesel stripes in every clover leaf around here....truckers leave their fuel cap off and you go down....The road is not the track:fact

1961 - 1969 of 1969 Posts