Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the low class way Mr. Yates first attemted to kick, and then shoulder shrugged the privateer that he got tangled with, I have to say that I have lost a lot of respect for him.

Having been a racer (amateur), and having been one of the slow guys that got passed, i understand his frustration at the riders apparent bobble that caused their get together, however, in my opinion, he failed to act in a professional and dignified manner.

After all, many people have the dream of racing a motorcycle at Daytona, and this rider DID qualify and meet the minimum requirements to run at the track. However, now his experience will be tainted by the low-brow tactics Mr. Yates employed after they had both just crashed.

BTW, keep in mind that they had exchanged words and gone in seperate directions, when Mr. Yates then decided to run over again and re-start the confrontation.

To you Mr. Yates, i give a big thumbs down, and hope that the AMA takes matters out of your hands for a few races, by parking your ass on the sidelines.

:2bitchsla

·
Do I really need a title
1,107 Posts
I have to agree, that was stupid, but it was funny to watch

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
I agree that it was low class especially since the guy apologized at first. In any case, this is an extreme sport and if some bonehead makes a dangerous maneuver and is unapologetic about it, then he'll get beat down.

I won't end up a paraplegic for anybody.

·
Judo CHOP!
1,447 Posts
I saw that too. Yates has always been that way. There needs to be more respect for the privateers. Without them, there would be like 8 guys on the track which would make it much less of a spectacle than it is.

You could even argue that the incident was Yates' fault. He tried to make a rare outside pass and I'm sure the other rider (I don't remember his name) thought he was going to come inside, or wait until they exited the turn (which he should have done).

Meanwhile, the privateers have to worry about competing on very average motorcycles and also worry about not stepping on the toes of the factor guys for fear of falling out of favor with that factory.

It's rediculous. Yates is rediculous.

·
2L8 IONE
116 Posts
couldn't agree with you guys more he acted like a 12 year old and by the looks of it it was his fault should be fined for sure for that drop kick he layed on that other guy

·
Registered
201 Posts
just woke up from a nap and saw the reply of it, not good man...
but, ive had my moments too and done stupid shit, so i wont be so hard on him;)

·
Do or do not, there is no try
2,671 Posts
It was a stupid thing to do, the drop kick and head butt, (can't the guy actually fight for real, no WWF stuff) but it was a heat of the moment thing and I'm sure he'll apologise later.

(Whether it's a sincere apology or coaxed from his team or the AMA I don't know)

:beer

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plano said:
cheer up guys, now we get to watch American Thunder:)
yippee..............................:no

·
Judo CHOP!
1,447 Posts
Plano said:
cheer up guys, now we get to watch American Thunder:)
:confused:

:lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I though aaron was in the wrong!! he came from behind.. And took his realistate.
And OOOH boy (don't hip check me) come on put up you'r dukes

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
Seems to me the crash was clearly Yates' fault. He made a bad pass around the outside, too close, and the lapped rider appeared to hold his line as Yates too HIM out. He is a bitch!

·
Registered
551 Posts
yates

Yates = punk...:bash

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,192 Posts
i don't know, i thought it was pretty funny!!! i can't believe he drop kicked him, they should start a new sport combining wrestling and riding we'll call it WSBWF

good times good times

i am in love with the new supersport 1000 class racing

can not wait till the next race

·
R1 Brian
1,456 Posts
He sure wasn't that upset last year when he took Eric Bostrom out for the season. It was funny to watch, but I bet the privateer will have the last laugh after Yates gets fined,suspended, or hopefully both !

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
i agree with swedie is there newhere we can see this footage online?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts