Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the question. Just broke up with a girl that i've been dating for about 4-5 months now. Mutual brake up just aren't right for each other. Broke up tuesday and was talking with a friend/riding buddy of that mine that friday and he goes. oh btw wanted to ask what you would think about me dating your ex. At first I was shocked and called him up said they've been emailing back n forth. which I knew about but thought hey there just friends and I know well yeah I know that there was nothing going on that time between them but bs conversations. I tell him your both adults I can't tell you what to do. I wish her the best and what not. either way didn't say yes or no on how I felt. well a day has gone by and today i called the ex. told her I wasn't happy about it how fast and what not and wished she would have called. she asked if i was going to be upset or weird if things went further and I told yeah i think i would have a hard time because of the fact your an ex and he's a friend. i didn't say no you can't and what not it wasn't and isn't my place since your an adult and will do what you will. well today i emailed by buddy and told him how I thought it would be weird and after thinking about it. that it does make me even at this point feel uncormortable about the too of them.

so what are your thoughts on dating an ex of your friends and what no. and so soon after they brake up.

heres the email I sent him after thinking about it for a day. and the response.

My email to him:

*@#$%, just wanted to let you know after we talked. and I told you I didn't have a problem. All I could think about was you and *&^%. I don't know what hurts me more. the fact its so soon that you would ask me or that you would want to date a friends ex. I guess what I'm saying and yes i've told *&^% the same it would bother me. If your relationship went further and I were to see both of you out and what not. I've never really been a big fan
of dating a friends ex. and expesically so soon after they break up. I figure people need time to heal and what not. Its hard for me to describe the feeling but maybe when you first told me I was in shock. and thats why it really didn't hit me. I would have called but I know your at your sisters wedding and I don't want to ruin that moment in your life with her. I'm not saying you can't or can. its not my place you both are adults. I'm just telling you it would make me feel very uncorfortable. as it defintaly has in the past couple days.

His response to me:

I appreciate your honesty. I hope you can appreciate that honesty was the reason I told you. I knew word would eventually get around about *&^% and I. I wanted to make sure that you heard about from me. So know this: you were the very first person I told about our intention to see each other. I
don't expect you to be happy about it, and I know it will put an additional strain on our friendship, but I do hope you can see that is was out of respect that I was totally upfront with you about it.

·
w00t
2,524 Posts
it would be weird, like you said, both can make their own choises in life.
the weirdest part would be hanging out with the 2 of them, touch eachother, kissing eachother, you'd be thinking, she sucks at kissing... haha, id thinki t would be totally wack.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you would think that if he were a real friend and what not after you told him you'd have a problem and feeling weird around them that he would respect you and not pursue it. Plus the fact that he asked two days after we broke up. And then all my respect for her has now gone out the window too. as I had to call her after hearing it from my friend instead of her calling me and telling me.

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
First off you broke up. Get over it. Second what do you care, you broke up; Why don't you ask if she wants to ride the train. You and your ridding bud, can be riddin' buds for real.

I had a mate years ago, same thing. Broke up with his girl before I even met the chick. Anyway me and he go out for a night on the bit'ches he hooks up with some chickie and I hook up with his ex that I have never met. He fully dropped his cookie and me he and her have never spoken again. I will say tho, that was a fine bit of pussy...

·
Vrooom
1,531 Posts
Yup exactly what X said, dating someoen's X is is like walking on forbidden land man.

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
I dated and subsiquently(sp?) married my best mates sister! So there. We're all really good friends, and at lest I KNOW I can trust my best mate with my women.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
if it was a one night fling, Id say hell yeah, let him hit it too. hell, give him some pointers!

but if it was a long term, faithful relationship, then hell NO, thats just wrong

quote a wise man - 'bros before hos'

·
Life On Wheels
190 Posts
Petrol_spice said:
First off you broke up. Get over it. Second what do you care, you broke up; Why don't you ask if she wants to ride the train. You and your ridding bud, can be riddin' buds for real.

I had a mate years ago, same thing. Broke up with his girl before I even met the chick. Anyway me and he go out for a night on the bit'ches he hooks up with some chickie and I hook up with his ex that I have never met. He fully dropped his cookie and me he and her have never spoken again. I will say tho, that was a fine bit of pussy...
see what happens when you let women come in between friendship. Women are not worth it, unless its that one you plan on spending the rest of your life with! Think with the brain in your head, not with the sausage! I rather lose a GF then both a GF and a good friend.

·
i dont ride fast, i fly low
1,642 Posts
i say bro's before hoes, but as someone mentioned earlier if its just a one night stand hell let him hit it too. but look at it this way if they do hook up and all that, at least you can say you fu**ed her first, and whenever he talks s*hit just asked him how your d*ck tastes. ha ha ha

·
Life On Wheels
190 Posts
caliboy02r1 said:
i say bro's before hoes, but as someone mentioned earlier if its just a one night stand hell let him hit it too. but look at it this way if they do hook up and all that, at least you can say you fu**ed her first, and whenever he talks s*hit just asked him how your d*ck tastes. ha ha ha
:no

·
Registered
851 Posts
im a pretty apathetic person when it comes to relationship so...i dont see a problem. you two agreed to break up. its not like she left you while you were still in love with her. you dont have any real feelings towards her so why do u care who she dates.

anyways if they do go out...and u start hanging out with them youll get used to it. youll probly end up becomming pretty good friends with ur ex...or else youll probly end up drifting apart and never speak again.

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
I think there's a 'respect for your friend' period equal to the amount of time they were together or at a minimum, half that time, when you shouldn't date their ex.

Of course, that's subject to the 'unless you really want to' exception, like so many things in life.

·
to punish and enslave...
705 Posts
"Never rub another man's rhubarb." - Joker

I never understood why a guy would go for a someone else's girl when there's like billions of other chicks in the world. Mind you you have broken up but it seems like there was some seeds planted with the e-mailing they were doing.
Why piss of a buddy just for some girl? Bro's b4 ho's, mate.

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
gotta hand it to his bro tho... at least he asked.. Personally.. I wouldn't touch anyone of my friends ex's... but.. maybe there is something real between your friend and your ex..

If i were in your shoes.. I would say how I was uncomfortable.. (which you did).. state that you appreciate your bro asking before continuing anything.. and just swallow the pride.. you lost the girl man.. dont lose the friend.. He wouldn't go after her unless he really saw something in your ex.. :fact

the bro's before hoes quote works both ways.. now it's your choice.. bros before hoes... or not?

·
There can be only 1...
32 Posts
Bro's before Ho's! Dont forget it!

The only way that I can see that happening without any sort of problems if after a LONG time of not seeing each other. Even if it is a mutual break up, your buddy dating an ex is like a slap to the face. As others have said - there are plenty of other women out there!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts