Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here own a warrior? I'm looking to buy one and wanted to know what you thought of them. Pics would be good, or someone could direct me to a web site with info on the Warriors. Thanks

·
Every Day is a New One!
362 Posts
I don't own one but I have ridden one several times. They frikken move down the road. They don't feel quite like an R1 but you can launch them really hard and they feel sweet. They are really advanced for a cruiser, things like aluminum frame ect all add to the package. They are a little pricey but are worth it. Yamaha should have info on thier site.

·
Every Day is a New One!
362 Posts
you're not talking about the 4 wheeler are you?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scooby said:
you're not talking about the 4 wheeler are you?
No I'm talking about the Road Star Warrior. Thanks, I really like the look of the bike and the way it feels when I sit on it. I have to find a way to get a ride on one.

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
pm 1700 warrior i think is his name he has one

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have owned a Warrior (bought new and kept only about 6 months). I really didn't like it. The seating was very uncomfortable and I even had a Corbin seat on it. I felt it was too slow, even for a cruiser, but to each their own. Here are a couple of pics of mine. I did a lot of custom work on it....about $2500. worth. D&D headers, custom handle bars, a ton of Yamaha billit pieces, Corbin seat, grips.

Anyhow I hope you enjoy yours.

Attachments

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Hell I woulda traded ya my 02' for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The #1 Warrior forum: www.rswarrior.com

I have two Warriors and I think they're great. About the best Power Cruiser out there. Engine has tons of torque stock and handles pretty good through the twisties.

Engine can easily be modded for more power. They have a lot of hop up engine parts. NOS is available from Orient Express. Turbo was just recently announced and a super charger isn't too far off.

There are a lot of parts out there to make the stock bike fit your personality: bars, pipes, seats, and shiny parts if your into that.

One of my Warriors: http://users.adelphia.net/~redhorse/

·
WTF!
510 Posts
I borrowed my buddies for a week and commuted around on it (200 miles). I don't recommend it if it is going to be your only bike. It hurt my back and fatigued my body. The plus is with a loud pipe I felt like a bad A$$ and smiled the whole time I was riding it; did some burn out here and there too. I would have it as maybe a 2nd or 3rd bike. I easily ground the peg on a corner into the road so don't plan on speeding through some curves either. For a cruiser it is probably the best handling, but I have only rode a HD XR1000 to compare. A sport-anything would discourage you if trying to keep up. For cruising the down it is good though.

·
Wanna try?
1,544 Posts
Tex and Blue -- The 04 Road Star Warriors now have different peg and control locations due to the ergo problems. Now they are comfy..

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
Since I've got the highest mileage (of all the registered Warriors on www.rswarrior.com ) on a Warrior I can tell you that it is very reliable. There are many folks that have gone from a sport bike to the Warrior and love it. To each their own. I ride mine like it's a sport bike and I give my buds hell when they are running theirs through the twisties. When you scrape the pegs, you are just hitting the "tits" on the end of the peg. They have a 40 degree lean angle so it's the most agile of cruisers. 1670cc air cooled V-twin with a wet clutch cable style 5 speed tranny (really needs a 6th gear!!). 200/50 - 17 rear tire, 120/ 70 - 18 front tire. 4 gallon fuel capacity with attainable 55 mpg (if you are putting along at 60 mph all day) or it can be as low as 32 mpg if you are really ripping into to it. The brakes are pretty amazing for such a big bike. I guess they would be since they are derived from the mighty One binders:rock Maintenance is pretty easy and everything is fairly easy to get to (or easy to remove to get to something). The bonus is that you don't have to spend an hour taking off plastics to get to the engine!! The belt drive is very quiet and reliable. Belt life is estimated at 40 to 60k miles. I've got 35k miles on mine and the belt looks almost like new still. You can change the seat and the handlebars to suit your riding style/position. I prefer the more aggressive position so I have the Yammie double "T" drag bars and the Corbin solo seat. Um.......that should be a good start I think:lol :lol Anythink else you wanna know? I love my bike and haven't had any regrets on buying it. However, I've ridden the One a couple of times and I want one now for an addition to the stable. Whole different ball game there!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
A friend of mine has one and I really like riding it around town. I plan on getting one in the near future after I sell the 12. Definitely like blue pelican said it will be a great 2nd bike.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1700warrior said:
Since I've got the highest mileage (of all the registered Warriors on www.rswarrior.com ) on a Warrior I can tell you that it is very reliable. There are many folks that have gone from a sport bike to the Warrior and love it. To each their own. I ride mine like it's a sport bike and I give my buds hell when they are running theirs through the twisties. When you scrape the pegs, you are just hitting the "tits" on the end of the peg. They have a 40 degree lean angle so it's the most agile of cruisers. 1670cc air cooled V-twin with a wet clutch cable style 5 speed tranny (really needs a 6th gear!!). 200/50 - 17 rear tire, 120/ 70 - 18 front tire. 4 gallon fuel capacity with attainable 55 mpg (if you are putting along at 60 mph all day) or it can be as low as 32 mpg if you are really ripping into to it. The brakes are pretty amazing for such a big bike. I guess they would be since they are derived from the mighty One binders:rock Maintenance is pretty easy and everything is fairly easy to get to (or easy to remove to get to something). The bonus is that you don't have to spend an hour taking off plastics to get to the engine!! The belt drive is very quiet and reliable. Belt life is estimated at 40 to 60k miles. I've got 35k miles on mine and the belt looks almost like new still. You can change the seat and the handlebars to suit your riding style/position. I prefer the more aggressive position so I have the Yammie double "T" drag bars and the Corbin solo seat. Um.......that should be a good start I think:lol :lol Anythink else you wanna know? I love my bike and haven't had any regrets on buying it. However, I've ridden the One a couple of times and I want one now for an addition to the stable. Whole different ball game there!!
Thanks everyone for all the info. This sounds like the bike I'm looking for. How is it with a passenger? My wife likes to ride so it has to be comfortable for her. This is going to be the bike that I ride when I take her out or ride with my non sportbike friends. GET THIS my WIFE even offered to buy the bike for me!! She loves being on the bike.

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
If you can, spring for an '04 Warrior. It has a better passenger pillon seat and the pegs are lowered for more leg room. The '02/'03 were a bit cramped. You can always get the passenger peg relocation kits though for the '02/'03. You'll be buying a Corbin dual touring seat with double back rests........I see it in the crystal ball!!:lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts