·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,414 Posts
Delete it and delete that honda flag.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm going to be on the opposite side of this argument... I'm gonna say keep it until you KNOW you don't want it. I've been riding my R1M the last year on track with ABS and all stock braking components other than pads and fluid. The front ABS has never come on yet, according to the YTRAC datalogger. The rear does come on occasionally (unified braking, remember), but I feel like it actually helps set me up for turn in with this feeling so far. This data is from riding at Road America. Long, hard braking zones coming into T1, T5 and especially T12 (Canada corner).

This season I have upgraded to a Brembo 17 RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder. I have still left the ABS system completely intact. We will see what the data looks like as the pace picks up this year... so far, I see no need to get rid of it.. yet.

For what its worth, pace is mid to fast advanced group; low 2:30 lap time around RA consistently, on Pirelli slicks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yea, I haven’t felt the ABS engage but that might just mean I’m braking to early. I have the FTEcu ABS Delete Plus and aftermarket lines sitting in my garage and I do plan on deleting, but not out of necessity at this point. Multiple tracks, advanced level/speed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
As far as the Honda flag goes, I understand from a previous post that that is not his garage, so not his flag or poster to remove. As for Honda, they've always made great bikes, and I had several in my earlier motorcycling years but have been True Blue Yamaha since 1999 (first R1).
It seems that Honda has just decided to put all their eggs in one (MotoGP) basket. Seriously, does anyone out there really believe that if Honda/HRC decided to make it their goal to win WSBK, MotoAmerica, etc., and put the full weight and resources of Honda behind either, or both, of those goals they wouldn't succeed?

·
Premium Member
12,253 Posts
As far as the Honda flag goes, I understand from a previous post that that is not his garage, so not his flag or poster to remove. As for Honda, they've always made great bikes, and I had several in my earlier motorcycling years but have been True Blue Yamaha since 1999 (first R1).
It seems that Honda has just decided to put all their eggs in one (MotoGP) basket. Seriously, does anyone out there really believe that if Honda/HRC decided to make it their goal to win WSBK, MotoAmerica, etc., and put the full weight and resources of Honda behind either, or both, of those goals they wouldn't succeed?
🥱

·
Racing4Fun
20 Posts
I have similar arguments as streebs93. I race now severial years with the R1. First RN32, now the RN49. on both bikes I kept the ABS on and my data logging often shows rear break ABS to kick-in, but this doesn't matter at all.

Said this; I believe it depends very much on your riding level. If you you're the fastest on the road and you do a few track days a year, you're fine with the ABS on. If you race each weekend and the only way to pass a competitor is on the break, as your corner entering speed is already at max with perfect de-accelration exactly to the epic (straight declining break pressure line) and without any time gab your at the throttle and this line is climbing up steeply without hard intervention of the traction control (i.e. perfect acceleration), yes then you may want to have the extra option in the breaking zone.

If this is not the case, stay safe and improve your lap times in a better way than the break zone. If ABS kicks-in, break earlier and less hard and you will see that you even get faster as the corner entering is faster, the epic is hit perfectly and you can pull the throttle much harder with less lean angle than the others. This is what makes you fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to be on the opposite side of this argument... I'm gonna say keep it until you KNOW you don't want it. I've been riding my R1M the last year on track with ABS and all stock braking components other than pads and fluid. The front ABS has never come on yet, according to the YTRAC datalogger. The rear does come on occasionally (unified braking, remember), but I feel like it actually helps set me up for turn in with this feeling so far. This data is from riding at Road America. Long, hard braking zones coming into T1, T5 and especially T12 (Canada corner).

This season I have upgraded to a Brembo 17 RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder. I have still left the ABS system completely intact. We will see what the data looks like as the pace picks up this year... so far, I see no need to get rid of it.. yet.

For what its worth, pace is mid to fast advanced group; low 2:30 lap time around RA consistently, on Pirelli slicks.
View attachment 1017544
Sick Bike Dude!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have similar arguments as streebs93. I race now severial years with the R1. First RN32, now the RN49. on both bikes I kept the ABS on and my data logging often shows rear break ABS to kick-in, but this doesn't matter at all.

Said this; I believe it depends very much on your riding level. If you you're the fastest on the road and you do a few track days a year, you're fine with the ABS on. If you race each weekend and the only way to pass a competitor is on the break, as your corner entering speed is already at max with perfect de-accelration exactly to the epic (straight declining break pressure line) and without any time gab your at the throttle and this line is climbing up steeply without hard intervention of the traction control (i.e. perfect acceleration), yes then you may want to have the extra option in the breaking zone.

If this is not the case, stay safe and improve your lap times in a better way than the break zone. If ABS kicks-in, break earlier and less hard and you will see that you even get faster as the corner entering is faster, the epic is hit perfectly and you can pull the throttle much harder with less lean angle than the others. This is what makes you fast.
Definitely food for thought. Makes sense.Thanks for your response. 🏁

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

View attachment 1017544
Thanks for the response. I shall give it a go with the ABS. Will look for you at RoadAmerica track days this summer. That’s my home track being from GB. 🏁👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks for your help/response. Cheers!🏁👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks much. 🏁

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks for the response. 🏁

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Appreciate the reply. Thanks 🏁

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

View attachment 1017544
Makes sense. Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts