Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Go Gators!
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

I'm thinking about getting an Acumen gear indicator for my 2000 R1. I was leaning towards the blue display so it will semi-match my speedo's bluish-white backlighting. I was curious for those of you out there that already have one... how visible is the blue display during the day (ie: with the sun shining on it)? I?d imagine the red display is pretty visible always?

Thanks in advance?.
Michael

·
Cheese is 50 cents extra.
206 Posts
I have the blue indicator. I have yet to experience any visibility issues.
Plenty bright. It's bright during the daylight and dims automatically at night.
Bought mine from Motomummy. Corey is a good guy to deal with.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
Hello all...

I'm thinking about getting an Acumen gear indicator for my 2000 R1. I was leaning towards the blue display so it will semi-match my speedo's bluish-white backlighting. I was curious for those of you out there that already have one... how visible is the blue display during the day (ie: with the sun shining on it)? I?d imagine the red display is pretty visible always?

Thanks in advance?.
Michael

I have had the blue display for about 3yrs with no issues day or night, the red is slightly harder to read in bright sunlight than the blue. I also have the acumen programable rev light, on that I use the red filter, both are the plug-in style :epimp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.