Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a damper for my 99 R1 (UK). Can anyone advise me on:
- suitable makes/benefits
- prices/where I can get them (especially if anyone in the US knows if I can get a good adjustable one for less than £200 which is the kind of money I'd have to pay here - about $350

thanks in anticipation.

P.S. good to join the forum - some interesting reading

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
You can get a Scotts or Matris for around 350.00-400.00USD,I don't know if that is close or not you can look at www.kneedraggers.com here is the Scotts. Any damper is better than no damper,it all depends on the kind of placement and adjustments you want. Go look at kneedraggers and let me know if you have any questions from there:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Twisted Logic.

The Scots damper looks amazing. I've never seen the like here before. Does it work as well as the more common straight damper? have you/anyone used one?

The kneedragger site was great - it seems the bike shops are much better in the States than here - hardly any of ours use the web.

thanks for the help.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I use the Scotts and it kicks ass,it has a bunch of adjustments and can be adjusted on the fly. It also has little chance of getting damaged in a crash unlike the fork to frame side mount dampers. I have been using kneedraggers for years,they are a small company and have killer customer service and will try and match prices for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts