Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My R1 Rox0rs!
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey R1'ers
My '99 R1 has only got 2 mods at present, K&N Filter and a race can. How much extra HP can I expect from these 2 mods, also if I was to Dynojet it would I gain even more?

Your advice would be appreciated :thumbup

·
see you at the races and ride
3,906 Posts
you could get 4-6hp from your mods but only if you fit a jet kit and/or do Ivans airbox mod (richens bike up do to stronger carb signal), I would say you are lean right now and I know that you probably have a lag coming back on to the gas . I had a 01 with simiular mods that ran much better after tuning it.

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
action-a said:
Hey R1'ers
My '99 R1 has only got 2 mods at present, K&N Filter and a race can. How much extra HP can I expect from these 2 mods, also if I was to Dynojet it would I gain even more?

Your advice would be appreciated :thumbup
Don't use the dynojet kit. Perform the Ivan's free air box mod, install the Ivan's needles, retain your stock #130 main jets, retain the K&N filter. Use a 4-1 full system (Akra or the out of production Muzzy 5 lb full Ti system if you can located one), set idle mixture screws to 3.5 turns out from full in. Install a Krankvent, and FloCommanders on the main air jets and pilot air jets. The above conmbination is good for about 15 RWHP over stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts