Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
I was running 39psi in the rearea to keep the tire clean. anything less it was spitting rubber. that was aggressive street riding.
there is also cold tear that will happen. I know I started off with 35 cold in mine at the track and it tore up fast. lowered it to about 31 started to clean up really good. ran out of time to test more. I had a lot going on that day from learning the bike dialing in suspension and a track I have never rode to worrying about psi and tire wear it was too much going on. I since have not ran the rs10 to keep testing.

·
For no ma'am
2,609 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just did my first track event on my 4 week old 860 mile R1M. It was a refresher at Cal Superbike school at Thunderhill's 2mile West track. It was an exceptionally hot day with afternoon temps >>100F. I didn't get a track temp but I bet I could have cooked eggs on it.

Before the event I did some research and found that Bridgestone recommends 28psi F and 25psi R cold. That equates to 30psi F and 30.5psi R hot (45 min on the tire warmers). That seemed a bit low and the Cal Superbiike guys were skeptical but it worked great.

I ran the afternoon sessions at a fast A pace and the tires looked just about perfect after every session. No evidence of hot or cold tearing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have you noticed any advantage A1 has over M1 once you got it close?

I'm just learning how it works now and had Thermosman respring/rebuild mine as is on its way back. He's been BEYOND helpful and receptive but was curious about other opinions as well.

Thanks!

So just to give you an idea, I found my M1 settings and modified A1 settings. Below is the default A1, then my M1 baseline (which worked great) and the most adjustment I could make to the modified A1...I wish the ERS allowed you more than +/- 5 clicks....and as you can see the rebound is way soft on A1, well for me at least.

I used the tool below to recreate them (which I am sure you are aware of...)

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/meter/yzf-r1_multi-function_meter_simulator/html/index_r1m.html

:D

·
ponta delgada
99 Posts
Have you noticed any advantage A1 has over M1 once you got it close?

I'm just learning how it works now and had Thermosman respring/rebuild mine as is on its way back. He's been BEYOND helpful and receptive but was curious about other opinions as well.

Thanks!

Did you respring Due to the front springs being too soft? My preload is maxed out to get 30mm.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did you respring Due to the front springs being too soft? My preload is maxed out to get 30mm.
Yeah definitely. Rear too because I love to eat and not exercise. ;) :D

I'm 230 without gear so I knew before I even checked it was undersprung for me.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
13 Participants
Sal Khan
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing