Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone notice how much more areodynamic the '04 Honda CBR 1000RR is than the '04 R1, ZX-10R or the GSXR-1000. Forexample the CBR's fairings cover much more of the front of the bike and the wheel than any other 1 liter. The front wheel being a crucial drag area.

K

·
0 Posts
actually, it is much more important to concentrate on getting the air back together smoothly than worrying about the front.
this is the reason that bikes suffer in on top end is because there is no realistic way to bring the air back together smoothly as there is on a car.

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,670 Posts
Ya, tell him KC. Honda's gettin smoked like my pole this year

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree aerodynamics does not matter on the street. In racing it may however. Just making a point. But if the CBR 1000RR is anything like the CBR 600RR, it may be a porker when compared to the R1. :rock Anyways it does not even begin to measure up to the ONE's looks.

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
The reason that is looks that way is bacause of Honda's new fairing forward design . They did it in accordance with a chance in AMA rules that allow the fairing to ride something like a quarter or half an inch further forward. It is one of the new technologies they are bragging about on the new bike.

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
Chavagnatze said:
To me, this is evidence that the Honda is either overweight or underpowered
I generally have the asme opinion. That is why this year(eventhough I am slightly sad to see big red go) i am joing the ranks of the Yamaha riders.

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
"Does anyone notice how much more areodynamic the '04 Honda CBR 1000RR is than the '04 R1, ZX-10R or the GSXR-1000."

It would be a good idea to gather air drag coefficient specifications so you could make a statement instead of an assumption.
------------------------------------
"I agree aerodynamics does not matter on the street. In racing it may however. Just making a point."

What point? Unless you ride around at under 80mph aeros are crucial to acceleration and speed.
---------------------------------------
"To me, this is evidence that the Honda is either overweight or underpowered."

How so?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________-

WTF?
Can you guys get some kind of clue/idea of the facts before spreading misinformation all over the net.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:iamwithst

Anyways, the PREDICTION that the CBR 1000RR is going to be overweight and underpowered (when put in terms of weight/ HP or Torque) can not be totaly off considering the performance of the CBR 600RR.

Also with the addition of the new '04 GSXR-600, it should be an intresting year.

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
1000s are now the new base for superbikes so the bar has changed.
The 1000 is not being built as per previous Honda standards as they have stated.
Overweight and underpowered? They may not be the lightest. The Kawi ZX probably will be due to the single exhaust amongst other things.
The 600 supersport races in Europe are being dominated by TenKate Hondas. Not bad for overweight turds
Power wise the dual injectors are definitely going to be an advantage.
Do you have the (weight/ horsepower and torque facts?)
Either way its all speculation until some concrete facts come out from testing.
Fluco23 Research? Yes I research. Maybe some of the guys here should do a little in the area of aerodynamics.

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
FZR_600_KID said:
I agree aerodynamics does not matter on the street. In racing it may however. Just making a point. But if the CBR 1000RR is anything like the CBR 600RR, it may be a porker when compared to the R1. :rock Anyways it does not even begin to measure up to the ONE's looks.
I hope you know that the 600RR makes the most HP than all the other 600s. That "porker" 600RR also scored "Bike Of the Year" award.

If the 1000RR is anything like the 600RR then it'll be a beast.

I would'nt under-estimate HRC nor Honda.

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
The 600RR is indeed doing very well in WSS and I believe Ten Kate is leading in points. Ever heard of Chris Vermulen?

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Viper333 said:
"Does anyone notice how much more areodynamic the '04 Honda CBR 1000RR is than the '04 R1, ZX-10R or the GSXR-1000."

It would be a good idea to gather air drag coefficient specifications so you could make a statement instead of an assumption.
Exactly.. just because a vehicle has sharper angles doesnt meant it has a lower drag coefficient (i.e. is sleeker in a wind tunnel)

You see this all the time with cars.. something like a big lexus LS 430 sedan has a LOWER drag coeffecient than a Lambroghini Diablo thats shorter, lower, and wider.

In all honestly, I still believe the Hayabusa is still the bike with the lowest drag coefficient. It just looks more rounded and pointed, and smoother (shaped like a bullet) than the other literbikes and ZX-12 which have alot of angles.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
Dual injectors, electronic damper, alot of new stuff. but face it, the Honda will just be a big techno terd. j/k

Seriously, on the Honda site they pretty much tell you that it will not have the power the others do and that it will also weigh more, but despite that it will still kick a$$. Re-read it, you will see what I mean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts