Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Aftermarket Levers?

5K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  TheDoctorVR46 
#1 ·
Guy's and Gal's
Looking to upgrade my stock levers on my 2014 R-1. Anyone have some feedback on the best ones?

Thanks,
Dave B

#2 ·
CRG RC2, very nice feel and excellent looks with a wide adjustment range. Got a set from Riders Discount for about $165 2 yrs. ago.

#5 ·
Love my Pazzo levers. Never had any issues. Had them on multiple bikes.
Same here. I have small to average size hands and they fit me great. Been using them on my R6 for 9 years. Put through years of aggressive use with no problems.

#4 ·
I bought some ebays for my buddy and theyre identical to the pazzos on my other buddies bike.

I run the CRG carbons and theyre a sick lever but they dont really have the adjustability like others. The pazzos at the closest setting are almost touching the grips but the CRG's even at the closest setting are still far back. I have small hands and theyre fine but i know people who like it close.

Attachments

#12 ·
:thumbup Had Pazzos on three bikes, no issues, liked the look, color options and functioned perfectly. Now same with the FPs. I've had them on two bikes, no issues, like the look better, color options and they function perfectly. What's nice is the med length, shorter than the longs, longer than the shorts - just right. I think the aftermarket levers are largely a matter of personal preference, you'll get better adjustability over stock with all of them, go with what looks good to you.

#11 ·
My recommendation is Rizoma. Unfortunately, they are mega expensive, but the build quality and the attention to detail, fit and finish is second to none. Otherwise I can recommend Pazzo. Nowhere near the Rizomas in the above mentioned areas, but they do the job nicely. Had them on couple of previous bikes. If I have to mention one brand that you want to stay away from it is clearly Titax. Looks like a rough copy of Pazzo with a way too square and bulky "grip area" of the lever. I was thinking about them for one of my previous bikes, but cancelled that idea immediately after looking at and feeling one of their levers.

#13 ·
My recommendation is Rizoma. Unfortunately, they are mega expensive, but the build quality and the attention to detail, fit and finish is second to none.

I can't justify mega pricing for levers... but I know the quality is great. It's like the guys that spend ridiculous amounts of money for a gas cap. It's a freaking gas cap, people! Lol.

Performance mods I can throw cash at but levers are 50/50 for me.

#32 ·
What's the advantage of these expensive levers over the ebay clones? Me and a friend both have ebay levers and another friend has one of the expensive brands and they're exactly the same as far as I can tell. Even the friend with the expensive ones said he can't tell the difference. I think you're paying for the name.

A lever is a metal stick that you screw into a hole. Shouldn't be $100+ :no

#37 ·
Got these off E-Bay a few years ago;
Adjustable for length - span from the bar and are designed to pivot up if you drop the bike. Very well machined and fit great. I love them and they were about 1/3 rd the cost of 'name' brands.

Vendor was 'Fire Dragon Brothers' or something similar.

Attachments

#43 ·
The only thing eBay I'll put on my bike are decals. :lol

But seriously, why buy them if they look similar to cheap eBay brand?

Why not by ASV or Brembo? :dunno

I agree that a lot of the more expensive brands look just like the styles being sold on eBay for $20. That's why I don't buy either one of them.

My ASV lever have been tested thoroughly. :fact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.