Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Shane loves........me
10,198 Posts
better than marchis

i have 5 different kinds of wheels and the carrozzerias are amongst the best

:lol thanks for the laugh. Everyone has their own opinion but a few searches on a few forums will produce some nice horror stories about the carrozzeria's.......hell I bought a set and even got to write about how horrible they were

·
Banned
2,503 Posts
thats cool. i own two sets and have had no problems and know of at least two hundred people who have the with no issues so there LOL

i am not saying there might not have been a few issues as with any company so you can't fault a company for a few issues.

if i might ask, what do you do for a living and how tough is it being perfect? LOL

bottom line is your are a seriously biased opinion so anybody else take that in to account

·
Shane loves........me
10,198 Posts
Not a seriously biased opinion, but that company put a bad taste in my mouth, and I have many reason's to stand on. I have marchesini's now and haven't had any problems out of them......that's why MY opinion is they are better......and they have been around longer. And NO...no one is perfect and I looked over my posts and didn't see where I said I was

·
Banned
2,503 Posts
you act high and mighty slandering a product you had based upon that finding and then saying there are horror stories throughout the land, ssound bitter to me.

i am on the other side of the fence saying that there are prolly thousands of happy carrozzerias customers and you can sesrch other sites and find that as well

I think the whole akro marchi thing is played, played to death. i owned marchi and will never buy them again. I spend prolly 20k a year on goodies and still prefer to help a company like carrozzeria build, to put machi in line and offer a alternative so marchi can stop screwing the public with its monopoly.

·
Banned
2,503 Posts
OK, was just checking you so this thread stays fair for the original poster not some bash a company thread or a sales pitch

I have carbon fiber wheels WFO as well as mags and sluminums and have had zero problems with any of them includung the marchis

·
Dionysos
86 Posts
Tobefast......got a set of BSTs for my 07 R1.....love them

07 R1 - Grave's full system carbon, Ohlin R&T forks; Ohlin shock ttx36; Ohlin damper; BST wheels; graves rear sets; 47 rear sprocket; smog block offs; power commander; ignition module; servosub; custom map

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
meanmaxx... drop us a call tommorow and I can see what our distributor has in stock... We kept a few R1 sets in stock over the summer and they aren't a huge seller right now so over the winter we usually order as needed on high end stuff... Either way let me know and we can get you setup :)

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
i have to agree with mrgrn i have owned bst's carrozzerias and marchesinis and i think the carrozzerias get to much crap they are very well designed and the build quality is excellent....the bsts were very good also. I thought the marchesinis were overrated...just my .02

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.