Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Africkin American
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a Ti-Tech in Tatoo blue. I've been riding with an Arai Signet/GT for the past 5 years and wanted/needed a change.
So far, so good. Definitely lighter than the old Arai (Helmet Harbor states the weight at 3lbs, 1 oz - just a little heavier than the Vemar).
It's a pretty comfortable lid, with a nice vent system. The liner has a ridge at ear level which feels a little strange. Maybe this will soften out with wear.
Visor change out is fairly simple (definitely easier than the Arai).
Purchased at iMotorcyclestore
for $450 delivered.

Oh, and it's Valentino Rossi tested and approved! :crash

·
Born 2 Ride
96 Posts
Congrats, nice helmet. Can you give some more info such as noise level, compared to your ARAI or any other helmet youu've worn. Have you worn it for a long trip ? If, yes, do you feel more relaxed with it than with the ARAI.

·
167.38 rwhp
575 Posts

·
Africkin American
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holmesgr said:
Congrats, nice helmet. Can you give some more info such as noise level, compared to your ARAI or any other helmet youu've worn. Have you worn it for a long trip ? If, yes, do you feel more relaxed with it than with the ARAI.
Noise level is comparable to the old lid, maybe a little better. I always wear earplugs, though. Went on a 3 hour ride last week and a 2 1/2 hour ride yesterday. The lighter weight certainly helps out on longer trips.
Venting seems better than most. The face shield allows some air to leak through. This may be an issue in cold weather.

Overall, I'm happy with the helmet. It was a choice between AGV or the Shoei X11. For me, price and color scheme were the deciding factors.
Hope this helps!

·
Born 2 Ride
96 Posts
foobar said:
Noise level is comparable to the old lid, maybe a little better. I always wear earplugs, though. Went on a 3 hour ride last week and a 2 1/2 hour ride yesterday. The lighter weight certainly helps out on longer trips.
Venting seems better than most. The face shield allows some air to leak through. This may be an issue in cold weather.

Overall, I'm happy with the helmet. It was a choice between AGV or the Shoei X11. For me, price and color scheme were the deciding factors.
Hope this helps!

Thanks alot :hellobye

·
Faster than a speeding ticket
353 Posts
I have an Arai Corsair Rx-7 "Red wraith" and I put in an order for a new AGV Ti-Tech "Red tattoo". I'm just waiting for it but I can tell you the Arai is not quite. I wear earplugs so its decent. Kept me very cool on hot days. It's light and great track helmet but I'd wanted a quieter street helmet.

I went to the shop and the AGV I tried was a little bit snug but hopefully it will break in. From what I hear you can go 80 and you won't be able to hear crickets chirp even without earplugs.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,704 Posts
just have to add..... every thing they are saying about the Ti-Tech is true.... it's got to be the lightest helmet on the market... i even had a shoei rep check the diff in weight... and he agreed that the AGV was lighter.... noise without ear plugs is alright till you get into triple digits.... but i won't buy anything esle now.... can't wait to order my next one...... and the inner liners are great and wick away sweat very well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts